Caught my eye 🌿 Steve Rogers

Start from the beginning

You lean against the doorframe with a soft smile, watching Steve tie his tie for the third time. He lets out a frustrated sigh before giving up, making a soft chuckle escape your lips.

'Let me..' you walk over to him. 'All those years in that tactical suit made you forget how to tie it...'

He takes you in and his eyes go big. You always look good, but this dress is going to kill him this evening.
While you fix his tie, he can't help himself but still gape at you through the mirror.

'What? Something wrong?'

'No!' He says so loud you flinch a little. 'No, nothings wrong.. you.. you look beautiful... you always do.. but wow..'

You smile at his sweet words. 'Thank you.. Handsome..' you kiss his cheek. 'Oh!' You laugh when you see the red imprint on his cheek, of your lips of course. You're quick to wipe it away while Steve just stares at you lovingly, like only he can.

'I uh, I found this dress in a vintage store.. I remembered owning one just like this one... figured I'd save it for a special occasion...'

'Oh I remember... you wore one similar to this to our..' he cringes, he doesn't remember what occasion it was that you wore a similar dress.

'The night you proposed to me, Casanova..' you answer. 'Right..' he breathes out as he scratches the back of his neck.

'Lets get going before Tony gets impatient..' your hand slides in his. You pull him with you.

'Trust me, he already is...' Steve chuckles, trailing behind you.

As you predicted already, Tony was impatient for your arrival, you two were the last to arrive so of course he wouldn't let that go too easily.

But with the party in full swing, you can only smile. You really missed having everyone together like this, getting to see how everyone changed over the years. Getting to meet new people.

'Rogers hasn't been able to keep his eyes off of you for too long this evening...' Nat smirks when you join her for a drink.

'Glad to know I still have that superpower..' you smirk back at her. 'This dress is similar to the one I wore on the night he proposed..' Your smirk turns into a lovesick smile.

'That's so cute!' Wanda squeals. 'What year was that?'

'1941... gosh that was so romantic..' you sigh. 'He was so nervous.. he stumbled over his words and I sort of had the idea that he would propose.. he may have dropped the box in front of me a couple times..'

'Why am I not even surprised at that..' Nat chuckles, shaking her head.

'You two are literally the cutest.. you're perfect for each other.. I hope to still be in love this much with Vis...' Wanda smiles.

Your gaze meets Steve's, he winks at you. He has this mischievous glint in his eyes, he's definitely up to something, it's debatable wether you will like it or not.

'Heroes and heroines present here tonight..' Tony speaks up into the microphone. Oh boy.

'First of all, I want to thank you all for coming on such short notice, but.. it's for a good reason...' Tony checks his watch, making you frown in confusion. 'It is now past midnight, which means ladies and gentlemen, that Cap and his wife are now married exactly 80 years... I know I know, Y/n doesn't look a day past 25.. but it's true folks..' the crowd laughs, you narrow your eyes at Steve.