1.

this is my first story so bare with me 😭.

Liyah's Pov , Date: September 8th, 2021.
"Amiya hurry up" I yelled to my little sister. As most of y'all know already , my name is Liyah , well it's Aaliyah but I just go by "Liyah", anyways me and my little sister Amiya just moved in with our aunt because our mom passed away 2 months ago. We never really knew our dad, just the fact that he "wasn't ready to be a father" yeah that bs. But anyways it's our first day at our new school , we're both in highschool , I am 17 going into the 11th grade and my sister is 14 and she's in 9th grade. "Don't rush me!" She yelled back. "Just hurry up."

About 5 minutes later she came down the stairs, grabbed a poptart and we headed out the door. We hopped in my car and pulled off. I checked the time on my phone and it said 7:45. School started at 8:00, and the house was 30 minutes from the school,we were officially gonna be late on our first day. Just great, I thought. Since we were already late, we stopped at Mcdonald's and got something to eat. The rest of the car ride I was giving Amiya some advice since she is only a freshman. We finally pulled up and hopped out and hurried into the school. I checked my phone and it said 8:57.

The halls were empty indicating that everyone was in class. We walked to the front desk to ask for our schedules. "Hi, my name is Aaliyah George and this is my sister Amiya, I know we're late but we need our schedules, it's our first day here." I said to the lady at the desk. "Hello! i'm Ms. Brown, i'm the secretary/counselor and it's ok if you guys are late, it's only the first day." She said. She then went and scrambled through the file cabinet and then pulled out what I guess were our schedules. "Here you go, now hurry and get to class before 2nd period, and y'all locker numbers are on there too." "Thank you." I say as we walk out the office. "Alright since we most likely on different floors imma see you later, and meet me back here after school ok?" I say, she nods. "ok, I love you Miya." "Love you too sis." She says and walks away.

I then go to find my locker, I guess first period had ended because people were starting to come out of their classes. Some were staring at me, it made me a little uncomfortable so I put my head down. As I'm walking I bump into someone and my things fall out of my hands, I quickly bend down to pick up my stuff  "Damn my bad ma." The voice says and starts helping me, and I notice it's a male voice. We continue to pick up the stuff and as we stand up I take the time to look at him, he has a caramel skin tone, and his hair is in a huge curly afro."Oh no, your fine I wasn't looking where I was going." I say as we walk to my locker. He lets out a small laugh, " I seen you staring at me too." I look down embarrassed. "It's ok though , I have that effect on girls." He says.

" Well, I'm Liyah, i'm new here."

" Yeah I could tell, i'm Jacob." He chuckles.

" Um, I actually need help finding my 2nd period class, would you mind helping me?" I ask showing him my schedule.

"Sure, I got that class next anyways." Just then a girl walks over to us.

"Heyyyy jakeyyy." She says, she's lightskin, has dimples and is a little short, she's pretty i'm not gon lie.

"Wassup Lyric," He replies.

"Last night was fun baby." She says winking at him, i guess this is his girlfriend. He replies to her by nodding his head, they start to have this full blown conversation and I just walk away because the bell is about to ring and I don't wanna be late so I just left them to do whatever at my locker, i'm not a homewrecker so I probably won't be talking to Jacob ever again. I finally find my class and walk in.

The bell hasn't rung yet so I go sit in the back. Some people were staring, per usual, some boys were making rude comments like " Damn, her ass fat." I just rolled my eyes and walked to my seat. Today is gonna be long.