Chapter 1

So today was just like all the rest which is do the things around the house before heading to work. It never use to be like that before but that's all in the past now. See I use to be a daddy's girl but that all changed when my mother passed away. I was hoping to come home and relax but that was until I came home from work to see my dad drinking like he always does. You see I thought it was going to be a simple tell him goodnight and go to bed like I always do but this time it was worse.

I walked past the living room and headed for the stairs but before I could go up my dad yelled "Where do you think your going? Get your ass back over here now." His voice sounded like something I have never heard before it was like he wasn't my father. I slowly walked up to him and stood there waiting for him to say something. He shook his head before standing up and spat "Your late coming home again. You missed dinner like always." I was about to say something but his hand came up and slapped me across the face.

His hand took a hold of my ponytail and yanked my head up so I was looking at him. I tried to pull away from him and run to my room but he had a tight grip on me. He yanked me harder and kicked me in the stomach causing me to bend in pain causing me to cough really hard.

Once the pain was dying down some I stood up only to be shoved hard into the wall. My back hit the wall pretty hard that it caused me to slide down and sit on my butt. I looked up to see him coming towards me. He grabbed my ponytail again and brought his knee up to my nose. I screamed out in pain and fell to the floor once he let go. As I laid there I could see the blood coming out of my nose and onto the floor. I watched as he left and headed upstairs.

The moment he was gone I pushed myself up and stumbled my way to the front door. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door as I stumbled here and there not sure where I was going.

After a few minutes of walking I made my way down the street to see a couple of guys standing around talking to each other. I thought about turning around but I kept going hoping to just walk past them without them noticing me but I was wrong. One of the guys nudged his friend and said "Well let's see here there are four guys and one girl so I think we can work something out. What do you say sexy?" I kept my head down and kept walking until I felt a hand grab my arm and shove me against the car. He grabbed my face and brought it up so I was looking into his hazel eyes. His eyes landed on my blooded nose letting out a laugh and pushing himself into me. I knew those dangerous set of hazel eyes anywhere.

The boy I was in the hands of now is a player who goes by the name of Carter Mahone."So Nicky, what are you doing on this side of town late at night? You know this is our territory." He smirked. "That's none of your business Carter." I mumbled and pushed past him only for my wrist to be grabbed and pinned back to the car. "You know that's not how things work around here princess." Carter smirked as he stared dangerously into my eyes, making my heart beat quicken not knowing what would happen next but knowing what the possibilities were. "Just leave me alone Carter please." I groaned, trying not to show my vulnerability. "Come on babe you can't resist me." He smirked as his hand dropped to my ass. "Please Carter." I looked at him with daggers in my eyes knowing exactly what he was going to do. He then squeezed my ass making me gasp and my jaw drop and a big smirk to be permanently drawn across his face. "Your an asshole." I glared at him. "Is that the best you've got babe." He continued to smirk. "No." I whispered to myself. "What wa- holy shit!" He grunted as I kicked him where it counts and shoved him backwards and made a run for it trying to decide who's house I would crash at tonight. It didn't take long till I finally figured out who I was going to stay with.

As I reached the house I ran to side and started to climb up the ladder praying Carter didn't follow me. The moment I reached the window I started taping on it hoping April was awake and not sleeping. After a few taps the window finally opened and there stood April surprised as hell. She soon helped me inside but I stumbled and fell on my hands and knees where I stayed for a few minutes making sure I was calm. I could see her body moving so she was standing in front of me.

My mind is screaming at me trying to get me to wake up and realize what happened with Carter a few minutes ago. I slowly looked up at her our eyes meeting as I whisper only she can hear "My dad beat the crap out of me after work so I ran not sure where to go. I was just trying to figure things out but I ran into Carter I just hope he didn't follow me here." Her eyes grew wide and I could tell she was freaking out since she rushed over to the window and kept looking for signs of Carter.

As I sat down on the bed she stayed still looking out the window. She slowly turned towards me and said "I think we should call Sabrina and get her over here. It's best if we hide out here and make sure he doesn't come around." I tried to think of reasons to disagree but had to admit it was the best we could do. It didn't take long for Sabrina to get here which was good since I needed my two best friends at the moment. As she walked into the room she ran over to me and hugged me tight making sure to check me for any damages. I couldn't help but laugh some before saying "Sabrina relax I'm okay I got away before he could do anything."

Once I said those words she seemed to calm down some. She sat on the bed looking at April and asked "So what are we suppose to do now? I mean there is no way we can let her back out there." April turned around to face us before looking at the clock to see it was pretty late. I watched as she went to her closet and gathered some blankets and pillows. She laid everything on the floor and said "It looks like we are having a sleepover so we can make sure nothing bad happens. We can figure things out tomorrow." It didn't take us long to agree with the idea since we were tired. Sabrina and April were the first to fall asleep as for me it took a bit to relax my mind but as my eyes closed I drifted off to sleep.

Comment for Chapter 2