"Asan na ba 'yung Cayser na 'yun?" Gabi asked while her eyes were on the phone. She turned her head to them with a worried expression on her face.

"Did you talk to him a while ago?"

Gabi shook her head. "Nung mga nakaraang araw ay 'di kami nakakapag-usap."

"Maybe Cayser won't attend. Naunahan pa siya ni Ashanti pumunta rito," Trishza said.

"I know, right? But I'm sure he saw the announcement on our group chat. Five PM sharp."

"'Wag naman sana. Nagpractice sila ni Kenny ng sayaw para sa eighteen roses tapos 'di lang pala siya darating?"

"We should be positive. Let's wait for him until the celebration starts before panicking."

They enjoyed the cocktail hour. After minutes passed, the venue started to become loud for Ashanti's ears. She excused herself and went to the comfort room.

A couple of minutes left before the start of her friend's debut. She looked at the mirror to see her face, then smiled when she saw the concealer doing its job properly to hide the dark under her eyes.

Her phone vibrated when she was about to go back to their table. It was Giovanni who sent her a message.

[I'll fetch you after the party.]

[I suggest not. I don't know when this will end.]

Ano bang gustong sabihin nito na kailangan pang personal at sa madaling panahon? Hindi na ba nito kayang maghintay?

The celebration then began by lowering the volume of the music that gave headache to her with the voices of people in her surroundings minutes ago. A man walked to the front with a mic in his hand.

"Hindi talaga siya dumating." She heard Gabi whispered.

"Great evening ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to a night of Emerald in celebration of a brilliant life for a young lady who is presently turning into a fine woman. As a tradition of Arsace debut, we will start with a video presentation of the life of our celebrant."

It was a compilation of pictures and videos of Kennedy from being an infant to the present. They also saw themselves on the screen, the pictures of their outings, moments with Jaxon, Ashanti's seventeenth birthday, and more.

At the end of the video, the surroundings became dark except at the top of the long staircase where it revealed Kennedy, who was smiling and gracefully walking down.

Everybody clapped their hands, flashes of cameras everywhere, and the live musicians started to play their instruments. Everything was magnificent.

"Ay oh, halatang pinaghandaan 'yung gown."

It was an Emerald Victorian ball gown with a combination of Pagoda, Juliet, and Bell for the sleeves. The jewels were also visible on the gown. They sparkled when flashes from cameras bounced to the frock.

Kennedy was then accompanied by her father on the half of the staircase down to the front where the big chair for the debutant was placed at.

They proceeded to the opening remarks of Mr. and Mrs. Friedrich. Then, the cotillion de honor started.

All of them were included since they were also part of the eighteen candles. The type of steps they danced was an Arsace's traditional waltz, which meant every noble in the city was trained to do it from a very young age. They only practiced it two times, the first was last month, and the second was when the day Ashanti and Trishza wore their gowns.