Chapter 33

As Loki showers he thinks about the things you had said to him this evening. He never expected you to break down and open up the way you did. Whatever Thor did or said, he'd have to make sure to thank him for it. He wanted to find a way for you to trust him again. It pained him that you felt the way you did. Of course he understood but it still hurt. He turned you into this completely different version of yourself that you saw as cruel and wrong.

When Loki stepped out the shower and dried himself off he noticed you had fallen asleep in his bed. He stops and stares for longer than he'd like to admit. You looked so peaceful and beautiful. Had you not confided in him, he wouldn't be able to tell that you had struggles just by looking at you. But that wasn't the case. You had no trust for him. He slumped slightly as he reminded himself. Instead of laying next to you like he desperately wanted to he took the couch across the room. He wanted to rebuild your trust and he'll do whatever it takes. He'll love you to his full ability, he'll cherish your time together, he'll treat you like the goddess you are, he'll treat you like you're the most precious being in the universe. It won't be hard because you are all those things, to him at least.

With a plan set, Loki curls up on his slightly too small couch and falls asleep.

~

You slowly wake up in a dark room in a bed that isn't yours. It's hard to open your eyes from all the crying you had done. You're a bit out of it but quickly come to when you realize you last remember being in Loki's room. Looking around you confirm that's where you are. You turn around in bed to try and feel if Loki is with your or not, but you're only met with the coldness of his side. He's not here. You sigh I'm disappointment. The conversation you had last night and how you let yourself slip up probably confused him and made him realized what a train wreck you were. You were so lost in your thoughts you hardly heard the little snores coming from across the room. You shoot your head up and see a dark figure sprawled out on the couch. You use your power to try and identify it. Much to you surprise it was Loki. You catch yourself smiling softly at the thought of knowing he didn't leave you alone after all. What you couldn't figure out is why he wasn't in his own bed.

Looking at the time it's about 2 AM. You hadn't been asleep long. You quietly shuffle out the bed and walk to the sleeping prince. You squat next to where he's resting his head and gently place a kiss to his forehead, calling him to you in his mind, "Loki. It's Y/N. Please wake up." Loki's eyes flutter open and he gives you a concerned look. He props himself up, "Y/N? Is everything alright?" "I should be asking you that. You are on a couch and not in your bed. If anything we should switch. That's if you're not comfortable with me in your bed," you say in a whisper, even though the two of you are alone. He shakes his head at you and smiles, "No dearest. I am just trying to give you the space you need. I understand your hurt and I don't want to overstep. A night on the couch won't bother me any."

You look and see his legs were curled up and he was hardly fitting in the furniture. "Nonsense. You take your bed," you get up and pull the blanket off of him. "Only if you will be in the bed with me. A lady should not sleep on a couch. And after our talk I do not wish for you to leave me," he says firmly but nicely. You nod in agreement to his suggestion. You fold up his blanket he was using and put it in the drawer it came
from. You turn to see Loki standing but not moving. "Yes," you ask. He grabs your hand and walks you to your side of the bed. He lifts the covers and gestures to you to get in. You give him a quizzical look once you lay down. He covers you and straightens the blankets, then bows down to kiss your forehead. He was tucking you in! You can't even remember the last time someone showed that kind of attention to you. "I'll be right here next to you darling should you need anything," he says before he makes his way to his side, closest to the door. You're touched that he chose the side closest to the door, where danger would come if it had.