Chapter 31 - Last Piece Behind

"I said i'm not done with you yet bitch!" Blitz barged in. People looked at him, with different expressions.

"What could you possibly want?" I asked annoyed.

He pointed at my chest. "I want to see a test. Who's better? You who has Kyran's soul and powers or Me who has his virtual world mind and fire abilities?"

"Why do you keep speaking like I have his soul?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Because, I'm aware that Kyran died a while ago. But the only thing left behind is Me. You are just the successor, aren't you."

"Dude, You're confusing me with your prophecy's. Just leave me be. I don't even have his red eyes." I continued the line to order my drink.

"But you have a rainbow color changing aura? That doesn't sit right with me. You are Kyran but you became stronger." He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket.

"Look at this, A report about a girl that was seen using multiple abilities? Comparisons to Kyran? You having red eyes at a battle in school? This is no coincidence." He put the paper back in his pocket.

I turned away. "You better leave. Holtsville City was rebuilt. Just continue life there."

He grit his teeth. "I can't. Everyone is dead. Everyone I had ever known is now gone."

"It's probably because they were a part of his life and the three main event users die a few years after they get noticed." She said.

Blitz stretched his arm. "YEAH— But even so, I have nothing left. No friends, No family and No power."

I walked forward in the cashier line. "Then you have to make friends."

"How?!"

I turned my head towards him. "By making friends? You should know how to do so if you used to be Kyran's clone."

He stood silent. He turned around and walked back outside. I turned my head back towards the line and waited and waited.

"Seems like she just stopped a corrupt!!" Someone whispered loudly.

"She saved us from a corrupt's wrath!!"

I waved both my hands and looked around. "He was NOT a corrupt, Those stopped appearing years ago."

The building got silent. "She has a point." Someone finally said.

I finally got to the front of the line. "Jeez, That took forever getting here..."

A girl with cyan colored hair greeted me. "Oh, It's been a while. The last time I saw you was the Ultimate event or whatever."

"Huh? Whatever, Can I just get a-" She cut me off.

"A Chocolate Milkshake with a chocolate slice of cake? I got it down." She smiled weakly.

I raised an eyebrow. How did she know?

"Jeez It's been a very long time." She said, closing her eyes. She opened them again and scratched her face. "Ehm, Who are you?"

I replied back. "Uh a normal customer here."

"Where did he go? He was looking at me with an irritated expression just now. But now you're here... Did you see a guy with red eyes in front of you and dyed blonde hair?"

I shook my head. "No but anyways like I was trying to say, That's all I want. How much do I have to pay?"

"I don't even know what you ordered..." She silently said.

I stared at her in confusion. She flinched from my reaction. "Huh, What? I actually don't remember..."

"You literally just said what I wanted to get. A Chocolate milkshake with a chocolate slice of cake!"

She rubbed her head. "Sorry, My head has been really strange since that last event happened."

"It's fine." I replied calmly. I had pretty much all day to do anything.

———————————————————————————
???'s POV—
XX4

I can't believe what I witnessed. They all died. I sent one of those fakes to deal with the situation.

But it ended in a mess. They're all gone. Even that bitch disappeared from the area. I can't believe it myself.

The expression on my face wasn't annoyance, shock or even sadness.

I felt something else and it wanted vengeance.

I ran to my house and grabbed my trusty red goggles from long before. I haven't used these since... That day of the Invasion Zones.

I grabbed a black mask and put it on. I put the goggles over the mask and put them on too. I walked to my closet and pulled out black baggy pants. I grabbed my black boots and changed. I went back to the closet and grabbed a black turtleneck and long black overcoat. I dawned my new look.

...

...

"Hehe, ____, You're the only one who blushes like that when I act like that you know!" She smiled brightly. It was more brighter than the entire day. Even the sun wasn't as good looking as the look on her face.

I looked away from her. "You... got me. Stop doing that, I swear." I mumbled.

"Nope, not happening!" She held that smile.

...

I got out of my house and walked back to the scene.

Those days were long gone. I walked past the damaged buildings. Tommy's Lunches and Drinks was destroyed too. I can't seem to get my mind off the fact they were gone. Everything reminds me of those memories.

Blood splattered everywhere on the floor. I couldn't find my friends' bodies. There were only soldiers and men in suits.

Along the debris, I saw a knife. It was a kitchen knife but it would do for now. I walked past the debris and got back on the road. I looked to see crowds surrounded with signs and they were powered up. I caught up to them. "Hey, What's going on?" I asked one of them.

"We're revolting against the government for killing the Ultimate user without reason! We're heading to the main building and overthrowing them!"

I nodded and accepted the answer.

I clenched my fists and ran back to the rubble and destroyed area. I moved each piece til i found their bodies . I grabbed one and then threw it away and it continued like this until i began to freak out more and more.

I saw a hand and I grabbed the heavy rock on top and threw it off. I saw... her body. I picked her up bridal style and ran to Holtsville high. I stopped as I saw the crowds getting larger and I didn't want them to find me with a body. I decided to teleport to Nicole's lab and use this for now. I set the body in the pod. I activated the standby mode and waited. It isn't going to end here. I'm not letting this chapter end here.

The switch glowed blue and i pulled it. Now I must try this no matter how many years are to come.

I teleported back and searched again for more bodies. I managed to find blonde hair and their face finally was shown. I found a glimpse of hope and teleported her back to the lab. No matter my desperation, She had to be prioritized the most.

I teleported again and again until they all were
here and stored. I walked to her panel. I clicked on a button. I raised the power by 45% and went to work.

—> Next Up! Chapter 32: Unexplainable (Outset)