Traveler Chapter 3

Namaari handed me a sword as she made her way to a circle in the middle of the arena. I held my sword not sure if I should open it. I met her in the circle. "We can start with basic moves." She said obviously bored. She held her sword up. "Copy that." She said still using a bored tone. I copied her. She looked away, so I decided I could try something. I grabbed her arm, making her loosen her grip on her sword. She looked just in time for me to hit her sword, disarming her. "Never let your guard down." I said slightly smirking. She then got into fighting position. Without a word, we began fighting. I don't know how, but I was doing very good which seemed to frustrate her. I then disarmed her again, but with force causing her fall on her back. I turned around getting ready to leave when I felt a kick on my ankle, and I fell. "Never let your guard down." she said laughing. I watched her leave without looking back. Then I felt stings and pain coming from my arm. I looked over to see a big cut across my arm, and my sword next to me. I must've cut myself when she kicked me. I struggled, but eventually got up and headed back to the Fang palace. I checked the time, and realized I was going to be late for brunch with the Chief and Namaari. I had no time to visit the palace doctor. I set my sword in my room before rushing to the dining hall. I walked in to see them both there, about to eat. "Im so glad you made it-" she started. Then she looked at the big cut on my arm. "You need to be sent to the doctors right now." Chief Virana said. This made Namaari look up from her meal. She stared at the cut. She opened her mouth to say something, then closed it. Chief Virana sent a guard to escort me to the palace doctor.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Namaari's POV

Once y/n left, my mother began. "Are you serious, Namaari?" I put my head down, mostly in shame. "I asked you to train her, not slash her arm!" My mother yelled. My mother didn't yell much, so this hurt. I held back a tear. "If you do this again, there will be consequences young lady!" She said. "Do you hear me?" I cleared my throat, not wanting my voice to crack. "Yes, mother." I said leaving the room. I ran, taking a small bout out of Fang. I ran into the woods, and stopped at a spring. I looked down at my reflection in the water. A tear fell from my eyes, but I quickly wiped it when I heard a voice. "Namaari?" It was y/n. I turned. She walked over and sat next to me. "So, are you ever going to tell me where I am?" she said. I began to tell her the story of Kumandra, and how it got to the present time. "wow, you really have dragons?" she said. I smiled and nodded. We than began to talk about dragons. I was actually having fun. Out of nowhere, Sisu (the dragon) came to the springs. "Sisu?" I said. Sisu turned around, startled. "Namaari, hey!" Sisu said happily. "Sisu, this is y/n." I looked over at y/n to see her eyes wide looking at Sisu. I laughed. "Hi!" Sisu said excitedly. "Hi, uh, hi" she said nervously. I had forgotten what it was like for someone to see a dragon for the first time. Sisu smiled. "Well I'll leave you two alone.." Sisu smirked at me before whispering, "I knew you'd get a girlfriend one day" Sisu then flew away before I could say anything. I felt embarrassed. "earth to namaari?" y/n was waving her hand in front of my face now. "Sorry, what's up?" I said focusing my attention. "Im glad we talked, it's like a do-over." She smiled warmly. "But it's getting late. We have to get back soon." She continued. "I didn't even notice, yeah let's go." I looked up at the sky to see it getting darker by the moment. I held out my hand to help y/n, then we left.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Namaari and y/n are now becoming friends, but will it turn into more? What will happen next? Make sure to comment and vote! <3