《ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #22》

1st September 1996, France

The valley was as beautiful as ever. The leaves were green and full, and the whole place looked peaceful and wholesome. The boughs of the dark oak trees towered above the train as it raced towards Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

The compartments were warm and lit with a golden glow, with the seats and cushions of velvet. The light sprinkling of rain on the windows and its gentle tinkling sound just made the scene even more wonderful.

Mary MacDonald sat with her head in her Lily's lap and her feet in her boyfriend's lap as she stuffed some nice desserts in her mouth in a rather unlady-like manner. But she hardly cared, Mary MacDonald was anything but girly. She was a tomboy.

In front of her, Marlene and Frank were playing a game of chess and, by thr looks of it, Frank was definitely winning.

"Checkmate!" He exclaimed truimphantly. Marlene popped a cherry in her mouth with a sour look.

"Damn you," she muttered, rather affectionately though. Frank only grinned as he kept the chess board inside his bag and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

1st September 1996, Hogwarts

"I want food. Can't the fucking hat get over its useless song and let me eat?" Sirius Black snarled as he stared at the plate in front of him. Professor McGonagall's nostrils flared, but she did not say anything.

Unfortunately, the Hat decided his wish was a waste of time. So it started its song and ended exactly fifteen minutes later, and Sirius was 'sobbing' by the time it ended.

Dorcas, irritated by her fellow Marauder's dramatics, 'accidently' vanished his eyebrows, which resulted in Sirius sobbing in reality and begging her to 'give his beautiful eyebrows back'.

"Miller, Aria," McGonagall called the first name. The girl was sorted into Gryffindor.

"Welcome, Aria," Emmeline said, smiling warmly at the young girl, who blushed and squeaked a thank you.

"Davies, Dorothy," called McGongall. She was sorted into Ravenclaw. And so the sorting continued. Slytherin. Hufflepuff. Gryffindor. Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw. Slytherin...

The dormitory was the same as ever. Golden walls, scarlet hangings, large window and all that. James sighed as he placed a photo of Lily on his night stand and stared at her. The French Redhead had his heart. If only she wasn't a muggle...

Alas, little did he knew...

*~*~*~*~*~*~

2nd September 1996, Beauxbatons

The day started off like any other day at Beauxbatons. Breakfast served by Nymphs, the usual looks of hatred shared between Bellefeuille and Ombrelune, the teachers running around, getting their classes ready and fairies running after every prefect and the Heads

Didn't mention that, did I? Well, every prefect and Head was assigned a helper, which was a fairy. And yes, Lily Evans, Mary MacDonald and Remus Lupin had their helpers.

Kiara was Lily's helper, a tiny little green fairy with auburn hair and grey eyes like every other fairy. She and her mistress were rather close, with each other and friendly.

"Miss Lily, we have to start with Transfiguration today, followed by etiquette, music, art and Charms," Kiara read off her own diary.

"Alright then," Lily smiled at her.

When they reached the Transfiguration classroom, Kiara left Lily and promised her that she would be here after the class ended. Lily took a seat beside a grumbling and gloomy Marlene and waited for Professor Atlanta Hebe to enter.