Just You And Me And A Frog?; Chapter 6

Angelique's POV;

I took a deep breath letting my cheeks cool down, when suddenly there was a loud ringing sound. I jumped slightly suprised by the sudden noise.

"Oh sorry, the pumkin pie is ready! I'll be back" Shyann said, getting up and heading into the kitchen.

I sat there waiting, looking out the window quietly at the sunset. Suddenly there was a tap at the window, I look down a little to notice a tiny frog.

At that moment Shyann walked back into the room with the pumkin pies and set them down on the table gently.

She looked over noticing the tiny frog, "oh! Mr Froggo sorry" Shyann said in surprise, she opened the window allowing the tiny creature to come in. "This is Mr Froggo my pet frog, Mr Ribbit is upstairs in the enclosure he doesn't like to explore like Mr Froggo" Shyann explained to me, closing the window once Mr Froggo climbed in.

Mr Froggo climbed down the leg of the table and headed for the stairs.

"Anyways, chow down" Shyann said, picking up her own fork and knife to begin. I picked up my silver ware and picked up a small sample with my fork. I took a bite and was met with a delicious sugary pumkin flavour. "This is amazing! Heaven would be jealous of your food" I complimented, Shyann simply giggled in response and continued her meal.

I scoffed down the rest of the meal rather quickly. It was delicious.

The sun had now set and in its place was a starry night sky. Shyann got up from where she sat and walked to stand next to my chair.

"It's late, thanks to the ointment I rubbed on your injuries you should be better tomorrow, they have special healing properties. For now let's get you to bed" Shyann said, grabbing my arm and pulling me to a stance where I could lean on her.

"What about the dishes?" I asked, glancing down at them, "I'll wash those while you go to sleep, don't worry" Shyann replied.

With that she helped me up the stairs. The top floor was just as beautiful as the second highest floor. It was decorated with two beds, a hanging swing, and a quite big enclosure with two little frogs in it.

She helped me sit down on my supposed bed. "Here ya go! Anyways I'm going to go wash the dishes, call me if you need anything" Shyann said with a smile, "okay...goodnight!" I replied as she turned to leave, "night!" She yelled back, beginning to ascend the staircase.

I laid down and pulled the covers over me, to keep me warm. I sighed to myself and adjusted my pillow.

"She is nice..... but she is mortal. She doesn't understand.." I yawn to myself. I roll onto my side and fall asleep, listening to the soft croak of the frogs from across the room.