1

Nervousness consumed me as I sat on the Hogwarts Express. My messy russet brown hair resting at the sides of my face with my head pressed up against the cold glass window. A flashback from an hour ago replayed in my head.

"Cassie, now remember, once you make it into Slytherin, bring honor and glory to the Callidus family name. We don't want to dissappoint He-Who-Musn't-Be-Named, now do we?" My mother, Hela, said with an evil look in her black and soulless eyes. 

Everyone in my family had gotten into Slytherin for generations. I didn't let my expression falter and nodded firmly giving my word. 

"Yes mother." My voice had trembled with fear as I looked down at my shoes. 

So many wizarding families surrounded mine as they were all saying goodbye to their children and their children hugging them goodbye with cries of, not wanting to leave their parents just yet. Deep inside I wished my family was like that but, I knew that would never be the case.

 "Look up at me child!" My father, Orion, scolded me when he noticed my fear. 

Slowly I lift my head but, I just gaze up at them with my diamond blue eyes. Both my parents gave me a menacing glare and then moved onto my older brother and sister, Leon and Libra. Leon is the oldest, being 16, and by far my favorite sibling. Libra is the middle child and older than me by 3 years, making her 14. I'm the youngest out of my siblings and the one that gets treated with no love and kindness.

My brother has short curly honey blonde hair like my father and black eyes like my mother, except his aren't soulless. What makes him my favorite is because he actually acknowledges me unlike the rest of my annoying family. My sister has long straight black hair like my mother and emerald green eyes like my father. I watch as my mother and father coddle my siblings and love on them that I feel disgust and anger boil in the pit of my stomach. 

The train whistles and immediately I grab my luggage and bring it towards the cargo part of the train. I drop off my stuff and hop onto the Hogwarts Express.

I could feel the rumbling of the train's wheels hitting the tracks below me and my eyelids began to go droopy but, I wasn't going to let myself sleep. My mind was in so many places that another flashback came rushing at me.

My feet padded along the dark brown carpet of my bedroom as I held in my hands a book only used by witches and wizards who use dark magic. I was reading it because my parents were raising me to become just as ruthless as the rest of my family. So, by reading this, I'll be just the way my parents both want me to be, heartless and evil.

 "Cassie! Get down here this second!" My mother had shouted from downstairs.

 I set the book down on my bed and hurriedly leave my room and take two steps at a time going down the stairs. 

"Yes mother?" I had questioned quite curiously as I had reached the living room of the two-story manor.

"You, my darling, are going to Hogwarts." She responded as she handed me my letter. 

The red Hogwarts wax seal placed in the center of the parchment letter. Out of nowhere before I could even read the letter it was snatched from my grasp by Libra. Libra snickered and looked at me with disgust. 

"You a witch?" She teased as she started to play with the paper. "Mum, I think they have the wrong person. There's no way Cassie could be a witch! She doesn't have the guts to even cast a single spell." 

My hands balled into fists at my sides and my anger rose. 

"Shut up, Libra!" My voice cracked as I shouted at my sister, releasing the anger and just letting it poor out.