Someone to you

Tengen brought all of us and tried to sell us to entertainment. himari was wanted almost immediately while the rest of us was unwanted. "wow this hurts," i muttered. i could hear zenitsu chuckle lightly. eventually, tanjiro and inosuke got sold while zenitsu and i was still with tengen. this gave me a lot of time to think about our upcoming fight with the alleged upper moon. i looked over at the caked with make-up zenitsu as i thought...

I don't wanna die or fade away
I just wanna be someone

after tengen practically begged one of them to take us in, we got sold to them. most of the girls there are nice and they would help us with settling down. even with zenitsu's good sense of hearing, we could not locate the place where the upper moon demon was. ever since tengen's bad recommendation of us, zenitsu had put all his anger to be good at whatever they told him to do. i want to find this demon as soon as possible so i dont have to be worrying about this for the next few days. but i knew i wont be have any help as i dont have special abilities like zenitsu or tanjiro.

i looked over to the over-reacting zenitsu and was reminded how he literally friend-zoned me yesterday.

I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone

i sighed. i decided if i was going to wait for this demon, i might as well do the chores they assign me to get my mind off zenitsu. after completing all my tasks, i went back to my room. that was when i was approached by zenitsu. "y / n-channnn! there is a festival in a few days. tengen suspects the demon might appear there. we have to go!" i nodded, disappointed that we had to wait a few days to make our move. the only thing to do is to do what we were told. i asked zenitsu,"how are we going to meet the rest?" zenitsu shrugged.

i had another problem. of course this was a mission but it was also a festival. i know it was dumb but i wanted to impress zenitsu... if there was any more proof that himari is 10 times better than me, it was today. everyone in the entertainment district chose himari over me. zenitsu would obviously choose her over me. this might be the only way i could win him over...

I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone

after my conversation with zenitsu, one of the girls, sakura, came up to me with a big smirk. "you like zenko, dont you?" my face turned red and immediately denied it. she rolled her eyes,"your face was so red and you had a stupid big grin when you were talking to her." i was silent, i didnt want sakura, a person i havent met for too long, to know this.

she continued on,"i can help you dress up for the festival coming up. you can confess to her there!" my eyes lit up, this could be my chance! i shyly nodded. sakura beamed. as we walked into my room, she gave me outfit ideas. she looked through my closet, trying to find the right clothes for me. eventually, she sighed. "if you want to impress her, we have to go shopping!" i blushed at the thought that we are doing all this to impress zenitsu. but i knew this would probably be the only way. so i nodded again.

I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone

"i wanna be somebody to him..." i muttered.

a/n : ayyyy new chapter. my second 600 word chapter fnsdchwiodh

word count : 670 words