Prologue

Knock-Knock-Knock

Yashiro knocked on the stall in the girl's bathroom carefully, anxiously waiting to see what would happen. A hand from the inside slowly opened the stall door, making the girl shut her eyes in fear.

"Hello..." an eerily voice called, making the girl whimper.

The door fully opened, revealing a normal bathroom stall.

Yashiro sighed to herself, "I'm hearing things now..." Yashiro said nervously to herself, before a hand landed on her shoulder.

"You summoned me?" A coy voice asked.

Yashiro quickly gathered her courage, turned around, and leaped at the "person" behind her. Her arm only went through his face, making her shriek and duck just in case the, what she was guessing wasn't a person, would attack back.

All she heard was snickering and laughter, before, "What's wrong with you?"

Yashiro quickly backed up into a wall, "Why is he wearing such an old uniform? I can see right through him!" She was internally panicking.

"What are those things floating around you?" Yashiro's voice quivered, "Are you a ghost?"

The boy kept his sly smile on, "I prefer the word apparition." He chuckled before sitting on top of the toilet, "Or the Seventh of the Seventh Wonders, Hanako the Bathroom Ghost. I'm delighted to meet you." His sly smile only got bigger, pulling down his hat.

Yashiro was about to speak when something cut her off.

"Wow Hanako...you call that scary?" A lazy male voice called, making Hanako pout.

The atmosphere all of a sudden got really heavy, making Yashiro feel very tired, her adrenaline the only thing keeping her from falling asleep. Hanako didn't seem fazed by the change, and kept staring at one part of the bathroom.

As Yashiro turned to look, "I wouldn't recommend looking behind you!" The voice of Hanako teased, "You just might die!" He said too cheerfully for Yashiro's liking.

Yashiro stayed looking at Hanako, scared to know what was behind her.

Hanako chuckled, "Why don't you show yourself and introduce yourself then?" Hanako called, his smile going devilish, "Or are you scared?"

It was silent for a moment, Yashiro's heartbeat the only thing the girl could hear.

"Nah...I'll hold off...but I want to stay and watch." The voice then yawned in exhaustion, "Though I might fall asleep..." the voice trailed off.

"You're always tired!" Hanako chuckled, "And before you make this girl pass out, withdraw this heavy atmosphere! It's making me tired!" Hanako did a fake whiny voice.

"Alright..." the voice sounded tired, but the heavy atmosphere went away, making Yashiro snap back into her senses.

"What was that?" She asked quickly, half fascinated and half scared.

Hanako chuckled, "Now now, I can't spoil all the fun!" He smiled evilly, "Back to business! Why-ever did you summon me and what is your name?" He pulled a notebook and pencil out of nowhere.

"My name is Nene Yashiro!" She introduced herself, "And before I tell you, I want to ask, why are you haunting a girl's locker room? What kind of a perverted ghost are you?"

Hanako visibly deflated from her words and floated back to the stall, "Okay...we're done here..."

A snicker echoed through the bathroom, which Yashiro realized was the voice.

"WAIT NO! I MEANT ITS COOL, YOU CAN HAUNT ANY GIRL'S BATHROOM YOU WANT!" Yashiro quickly tried to make him feel better.

Hanako immediately perked back up and brought his notebook out, "Why really?! You think I'm cool! Then on another note, what is your wish!"

"Hey you, girl..." the voice called out, the voice sounding bored, "Stop inflating his ego!" The voice scolded lazily.

Hanako then started to whine, though Yashiro was deep in thought, so she wasn't registering what Hanako was saying.

"What is this voice? How does Hanako know him...is it a him? I think it is, he sounds like a boy...what is he's a hot boy!" Hanako's mind drifted into her own fantasies.

"Hello? Are you there?" Hanako waved his hand in front of Yashiro's face, making the girl snap out of her thoughts.

"W-what?" She blinked, her face heating up, "O-of course not! I-I mean of- I- um hot!" Yashiro stumbled through her words, her face flushing.

"You're hot?" Hanako looked confused before a sly smile spread on his face again, "Who are you calling hot?" He teased.

"Certainly not you Hanako." The voice yawned, before a snore was heard.

"DID YOU JUST FALL ASLEEP?"