Our first night apart?

Your rooms vibrancy contrasts to the sparseness of hers. Plants are displayed on every surface and it contains a lot more stuff. The room came without a wardrobe so you made do with an open rack. You had a lot of books, stacked up in various places as well. For having been here almost two weeks, you sure had made this place a home. Cordelia could probably empty her room in a matter of minutes whereas it would take you hours.
Cordelia seems captivated by everything and you watch her eyes dance over your things.
"Wow. I really need to get some plants for my room."
Cordelia mumbles and you chuckle at her.
"You can take some of mine, I've got more than enough."
You pick up your spray bottle and hop over to a philodendron and spray it a few times.
Hoping Cordelia will leave and you can go back to the greenhouse and practise, you take your time on the task. When you turn back Cordelia is watching you expectantly. You raise your eyebrows.
"I'm not leaving until I'm sure you're going to rest."
You laugh nervously.
"Cordelia, I told you I was going to have a bath."
You put the spray bottle down and watch her, wondering the cause of the light blush on her cheeks.
"Okay perfect. You do that."
Cordelia moves around your room before picking up a book and sitting down elegantly on the edge of your bed.
"I don't need a babysitter."
You say stubbornly and Cordelia almost smirks.
"Mkay, go on and have your bath darling."
She gestures to your bathroom and opens the book in her hands. Damn this woman. How does she know me so well already? Somewhat relenting you grab some pjamas from your rack.
"Don't you have some supremely task that needs attending to or something."
"Nope."
Cordelia says without looking up from her book. With a final sigh you walk into your bathroom and shut the door. You run the bath and put some rosemary and lavender oils in it.
Crouching outside the bath you swirl your fingers in the water and watch thick bubbles appear. The smells make you relax a bit. Cautiously you raise your hand to the door and close your eyes. You see the bright outline of Cordelia on your bed and sigh. On the one hand, you really wanted to practice the spells for the test tomorrow. On the other, the most gorgeous woman on the planet is on your bed. You mentally chastise yourself for thinking that, after all she's the supreme, however much you wish things were different. She would never love you and you could never be together.
That thought ached, burnt, and you grabbed your chest in surprise at the extent to which that simple thought crushed you.
After a while you relaxed more and climbed out of your clothes and into the bath. Bubbles surrounded your entire body, covering you in a white blanket. You giggle to yourself as you blow a few of the bubbles away. Careful to leave your injured foot resting on the rim of the bath you lean back into the comfort of the water.
After about twenty minutes you start to get bored and quickly wash your hair before getting out. While you're putting your pyjamas on a plot forms itself in your head and you smile to yourself. You need to get into that greenhouse. If you have to tell a couple of white lies to do so, what's the harm? Besides, you only need to practice a few spells and then you would go straight to bed. It's a harmless idea really.
Hiding the smile that threatens itself, you rub your eyes a bit before entering your bedroom.
There she is, exactly as you left her. Cordelia has her eyes glued to the book she's reading, looking like a regal goddess. After a moment her eyes leave the book and she gives you a soft smile, clearly satisfied with your pyjamas and wet hair. Cordelia closes her book and watches you as you climb into your bed. To solidify the act you yawn loudly.
"Wow I'm exhausted."
"I bet sweetheart."
Cordelia shuffles up the bed and tucks some hair behind your ear before lightly tracing her fingers down your cheekbone.
Your heart stops at the contact and your eyes feel glued to hers. After a moment she drops her hand and picks up her book again.
You watch her in confusion as she opens the book and sits at the end of your bed.
"Well goodnight."
You say, watching her in confusion. Cordelia mumbles goodnight, eyes on the pages in front of her.
"What are you doing?"
You watch her in bewilderment.
"Oh I'm stopping you from going to the greenhouse, obviously."
Her eyes never leave the book in front of her, however your eyes feel like they are wide enough to burst out of their sockets.
"W-what are you talking about? I'm going to sleep of course."
You wave your hands at your bedsheets and see the corner of her mouth twitch upwards.
"Yes you are."
She states firmly. You sigh and wiggle so you're sitting up against the headboard.
"Cordelia, I really am going to bed."
This captures her attention as her eyes flicker fiercely to capture yours in an intense stare.
"Now you're lying to me?"
The slight anger in her voice brings on waves of guilt, your plan fades away as quickly as it was formed.
"I'm sorry. I just don't want to fail the test tomorrow. I'm the newest witch, I don't know half the stuff the other witches do."
Cordelia closes the book firmly.
"I don't care y/n you will not hurt yourself again." Her firmness surprises you. However, her caring makes a warmth spread to your cheeks.
"Besides, that's silly, you're just as good as the other girls."
You soften your eyes at her and she sighs. For the first time tonight, you completely give up the idea of going to the greenhouse.
"Okay, you win."
Cordelia raises her eyebrows and watches you, presumably to determine the sincerity of your words. You look into her eyes and after a while you shuffle up the bed and lightly touch the back of her hand.
"I'm sorry for lying to you. I really will go to bed now. You can use the sleep mud on me if you want?"
Cordelia chuckles lightly and shakes her head. She flips her hand over and intertwines her fingers with yours. The gesture takes you by surprise and warmth once again spreads over your body.
Why does Cordelia care whether or not I get hurt? I'm her student and she cares about the well-being of her students of course. A little voice nags in you that it could be something more than this. We only met a few days ago and yet she's already my whole world.
You look at Cordelia and watch her, her eyes are looking steadily at your hands. You don't know what makes you say it but the words come tumbling out of your mouth.
"Do you want to stay with me tonight?"
As soon as you say it a heavy blush seeps into your cheeks and Cordelia's wide brown eyes meet yours.
"I'd like that. I'd like to check you don't sneak off."
At that you laugh loudly and nod.
"Mhm, go get changed. I'll be here."
Cordelia smiles and stands up, just before she gets to the door she turns around and you meet her eyes questioningly.
"Promise?"
She whispers and you smile softly back.
"Promise."
It comes out as a whisper but you know she hears it when she nods and leaves.
When the door shuts you exhale air you didn't know you were holding. Your heart begins to race at the prospect of spending a night with the supreme. Rationally, you know it's silly to worry. You've spent the last two nights in her bed. Something about tonight is different though, no sleep mud was involved. We both chose this.
To try and ease your nerves you get up out of bed and begin watering your plants. After about ten minutes a soft knock at the door signals the arrival of the supreme and your heart begins to race. You put down the spray bottle and move to open the door. The moment you see her and meet her soft brown eyes the fear washes away like a wave. You smile widely and take her hand and pull her inside your room. She gasps slightly before laughing and complying.
"Hello again."
Cordelia stands before you, her smile infectious.
"Hi."
You pull her her hand and lead her to your bed. You let go of her hand to climb into bed and you feel the loss of it instantly.
Cordelia lies on the left side of your bed and you peak at her and smile when you see her looking nervous, fists clenched above the sheets, mirroring your own clenched hands.
You shuffle onto your side and watch her. Her pink silk nightdress shimmers in the darkness and her blonde hair appears to be almost glowing.
Without thinking you reach out a take a lock of it in your hand. You twirl it gently, admiring how the blonde bounces off your skin. When you look at Cordelia again you see that she's watching you. I can't believe I lived all my life content without her, now I can't imagine anything ever filling the void she created in my soul other than her.
"Thank you for looking after me today. I'm sorry if I scared you earlier, coming into your room bloody and limping."
Cordelia shakes her head and looks down.
"You did scare me a little. I- I don't like to see you hurt."
You watch her in wonder as her eyes flutter up and meet yours. You want to ask her why but you're a little scared of the answer. Instead, you move your hand from her hair to run your fingers along her cheek. Her skin is warm and soft beneath your fingers. She shudders slightly and you pull your hand away, scared you crossed a line.
"Sorry."
You whisper and watch her lightly chuckle.
"Don't be."
Cordelia turns on her side and mirrors your actions, tracing her hand across your cheek. You close your eyes and lean into her hand. With your eyes closed you can see the immense amount of light she exudes.  Even with your eyes closed you know you're looking at the sun.
A rush of bravery overcomes you as you turn your head into Cordelia's hand. Ever so lightly you kiss her palm. You look up at her through your eyelashes and blush when you see her watching you.
You shuffle a bit closer to her and Cordelia's hand moves from your face and begins stroking your hair. You hum into her warmth. Cordelia shuffles a little bit closer and you suddenly long to be even nearer to her. Slowly, you move your hand under the sheets until you find hers. Carefully you intertwine your fingers and bring her hand to your chest. You move a little bit closer so your bodies are almost touching. Hesitantly, giving her the chance to pull away, you close the gap and lay your head against her chest and put your other hand over her waist. You pause for a minute, aware of the rapid rise and fall of Cordelia's chest against your head, before you trace small patterns on her back with your finger.
"Goodnight sweetheart."
Cordelia whispers. You feel her breath dancing on your forehead.
"Goodnight Cordelia."