Chapter 9: Mission Kiss Naina Aggarwal

Start from the beginning

Swati sighed and stood up, but Naina took Swati's hand and pulled her back down on the seat. "Swati, sit here," Naina demanded. 

"Naina, you shouldn't have told on such a handsome boy," Swati whispered to her, "Look he's so sweet. Even after all that you did to him, he wants to talk to you."

Naina was getting annoyed now. 

"Naina, I want to say something," Sameer said to her, trying again.

Naina ignored him again. 

"Naina, please listen to me once," Sameer said again, and he was saying it so sweetly that Naina felt her heart nearly melt. 

No Naina, you will not give in. He is a liar, a cheater, and he smokes and beats up people. You cannot have a future with a guy like him. Your family will never approve and neither should you, she thought.

"Please Naina," he said again, and Naina looked up at him, her gaze softening. She couldn't help it. Why couldn't she help it? Why couldn't she just tell him to leave her alone, or stick to ignoring him?

"Sameer I don't want to talk to you," Naina said flatly. 

"I thought about it all night and Naina you were right. I was the wrong one... and I want to change my ways. I'm sorry Naina," he apologized. 

Swati who was sitting there looked shocked at Sameer's changed behaviour. 

Naina felt her heart flutter. Did he mean it? Did he really want to mend his ways? 

Naina shook her head and said, "No Sameer. I don't want to talk to you." 

"But I'm sorry Naina," he said again. "I'm so sorry Naina. I hurt a good girl like you. Please forgive me Naina." 

Naina again shook her head, trying hard not to falter to his sweet words and innocent face. 

"Naina forgive him," Swati whispered, giving her a nudge. 

It was at that time, Shanti teacher entered the class, and Sameer quickly went to his seat. While he was there, he wrote sorry on a piece of paper and threw it towards her when Shanti ma'ams back was turned to the class. 

It hit Swati, and she opened it, seeing an I'm Sorry written on it with a sad face. She showed it to Naina and Naina just took the paper and ripped it in pieces. 

Sameer sighed. This was going to be harder than he thought. 

"The behenji is not going to give in so easily," Pandit whispered. 

"She'll only fall in love with you if you get high marks with her," Munna whispered too. 

"She won't be willing to kiss you bro. Maybe we should change our plan," Pandit added on. 

"No. I will kiss Naina Aggarwal," Sameer said sternly, and he looked her way again. She was taking notes.

The next few days passed like this -- Sameer tried to get Naina's attention, and she kept on avoiding him. It was difficult, but she managed to do it. 

Then one day, once school was finished, Naina overheard Munna and Pandit talking in the hallway. 

"Bro, it's not fair that Sameer had to suffer for what we did," Pandit said. "We were the ones who wanted to cheat. I stole the papers, but Sameer said no, and he even stopped us from cheating. We didn't even look at the papers. Yet, he got in trouble. I feel bad for him."

Naina felt her heart sink, and she hid behind the wall, trying to hear more. 

"It's all because of that Librarian and his daughter!" Munna said, visibly upset.