Traveler Chapter 1

I woke up to footsteps. Where am i? Seems like some sort of desert. As the footsteps grew louder I struggled to stand up as I felt incredibly sore. My legs gave out and I fell exactly where I was before. Three big cats approached me, with people riding them. There were two behind, both wearing armor, and one at the front. The person at the front was a girl. She had short hair, one side shaved. She was muscular and looked serious. "Who are you?" Said the girl. "Well, I am.. I am.." I paused thinking hard to remember my name. The girl looked at me impatiently. "...y/n! thats my name." She jumped off her cat, and walked towards me. "Why are you here?" She said seeming very tense. "I don't know. I just woke up..who are YOU?" I said. She scoffed. She made a signal to the guards behind her, and next thing I know, I was unconscious. When I woke up again, I was in a big room. I slowly walked towards the window, looking out to see a big city. It was beautiful. Someone opened the door. "Traveler, the Chief and Princess wish to have a meeting with you."  said a voice. I turned to see a guard. "Um okay." I was so confused. Where was i? The guard led me through some of the beautiful palace. We stopped before a big door. "Here we are." He opened the door to a fancy meeting room. "Chief Virana, Princess Namaari, I come to you with the Traveler." Said the guard. He moved to the wall on the side. It was the girl. With the girl, was also an older, less muscular, more elegant woman. I assume that's the chief. That means that girl, was the princess. "Have a seat, Traveler." said the Chief. I sat at one of the chairs nervously. "Namaari told me your name was y/n?" Said the women I glanced over at the girl from earlier. Namaari is her name. I looked back at the woman. "Yes." I said calmly. "Our doctors have looked at you, and are going to treat you for the next few weeks." The woman did a slight smile before speaking again. "You remind me of an old friend. I have reason to believe you would be a great warrior, with training of course." She said, looking over to her daughter after she spoke. She nodded her head at Namaari. Namaari stayed silent. She seemed mad and frustrated. "My daughter, Princess Namaari will show you around and train you. I think you will enjoy your time here, but after you are well if you wish to leave, do as you please." She said still smiling. "Now I must attend to some matters, but breakfast will be out any minute, so please do stay." She stood up, slightly patted Namaari's shoulder, and walked out of the room. Me and Namaari exchanged glances. "You better not be a waste of my time. If it were my choice, I would've put you back out." Namaari said coldly. I put down my utensil, and looked up at her. The nerve. "You don't have to be so rude. I haven't even figured out where I am yet." I said matching her tone. She gave me a look. It seems she hasn't been talked back to by many people. "Have you ever even fought before?" She said clearly angry. "I'm not sure. I don't remember anything." I said. She did that same rude, self-esteem crushing scoff she did earlier. "How pathetic. I don't have time to train. Especially people who probably don't know how to pick up a sword." She slammed her spoon down on the table. I looked up and saw her staring at me. "Why are you staring at me?" I said. She seemed a little shocked. "I am not, don't lie." She said embarrassed. I think I might've even seen her quickly blush. Without excusing herself, she left the room. I just don't understand. Why is she being so rude? Is this just how she is? WHERE AM I?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

What will happen next? Will y/n still go to trainings? Why was Namaari so mad? Why did her mom want her to train? How come she thinks I can be a good warrior? Stay tuned! Make sure to comment, and vote! <3