One hundred and twelve

Start from the beginning

Arizona laughed and sat down on the chair beside her.

"But we'll get two loads of cuteness. And I'd make it up to you if Callie jinxed us," Arizona said.

"You would?" Erin raised her eyebrows.

"Of course. I would love to make it up to you," Arizona smiled, kissing Erin softly.

"Okay," Arizona said as her phone beeped with the timer. Erin stood up and turned it over in the sink. "Well?" Arizona said.

"Pregnant," Erin smiled, turning and showing Arizona the stick.

"Yay!" Arizona laughed, lifting Erin up and onto the counter in the bathroom. Erin laughed and put the test back in the sink, kissing Arizona deeply.

"I swear, Arizona, if we get twins, I'm gonna kick your best friend's ass," Erin mumbled between kisses.

"Believe me, baby, if we get twins, I'm gonna keep you far away from my best friend and her ass," Arizona laughed, hands snaking down Erin's pyjama shorts.

"Yeah, probably best," Erin said.

"Hey, Mer, me again. Just wanted to keep you in the loop. So, uh, Arizona and I got inseminated again. We were gonna do it back in March but, uh, well, you know... So, uh, we did it on the first of May, and it worked. We did a blood test to confirm and the OB booked our three month appointment for the fifteenth of July. So, we're gonna celebrate Archie's birthday, have the scan and then it's Rue's birthday. Bailey's birthday is coming up soon, too, so I was gonna send presents over but I don't know where you are," Erin forced out a laugh.

"So, I'll keep it here," she continued. "For when you come back. Or for when I see you. 'Cause you're gonna have to come back or tell me where you are eventually. I know you're not in Boston, 'cause that would be really obvious. And I know you're not in New York or LA, because Addison and Carolyn haven't seen you. So, I was thinking of your favourite states, and I think you could be in San Diego, 'cause you always said you wanted to go. But I don't know," Erin said.

She took a deep breath and looked at the time on her phone.

"I have a surgery now. I gotta go. Uh, I love you and the kids a lot. So much, honestly. And I miss you guys. Bye."

"Hey," Amelia and Maggie greeted Erin as she stepped onto the elevator with Archie a few days before his birthday.

"Hi," Erin said.

"What one?" Archie looked at the buttons.

"Four. We're going to meet mommy and Rue," Erin said. Archie pressed number four and leaned back against Erin's legs.

"Are you excited for your birthday, Archie?" Maggie asked her nephew.

"Yeah," Archie hummed, looking up at her. "Mama says we're getting cake with Fia," he said.

"Yeah," Erin nodded.

"Zozo isn't coming, or Bailey," Archie added, looking back at the controls panel. "What number is this?" he asked.

"Nine," Erin said awkwardly. The doors opened on the fourth floor and Erin gently pushed Archie out. "Bye," she nodded at Amelia and Maggie.

"Bye," they said.

"Happy fourth birthday baby!" Erin smiled as Archie came downstairs for breakfast on his birthday.

"Thanks, mama!" Archie laughed, jumping into her arms.

"There's the birthday boy," Arizona sang, carrying Rueben out of the kitchen on her hip. She put a pink party hat on Archie's head and he laughed, feeling it curiously.