Chapter two

"I can't get out!" She cried. Hunter and Isabella rushed over to the door as Amy screamed from a wall breaking. She runs to pick up a rock and hit the window. "Hurry!" Isabella cried as she broke the window. Amy let go of the phone and screamed from the sharp glass. Hunter helped her out in time as there was a rock that fell on her phone. Amy, Isabella and Hunter runs to Victoria as they stood in the middle of the road with people.

They all were holding their children as the shake didn't stop. Few houses around Amy, were moving sideways, while others were tumbling down. She closed her eyes and prayed for it to end. She apologized to her mother, God, and everyone from heaven. She thought that it was a sin of humanity.

Once the shake stop, Amy cried softly as she kept hugging her aunt. "We have to get supplies and fast." Hunter said as they went back to the house, few things were broken, but the house remained still, only a part of it was gone. They went inside and packed supplies as fast as they can. "Isabella, is there any walkie talkie that works?" Amy asked. "Yup." Isabella took out a metal box that was titanium and brushed off the dirts as she packed it in the bag. They hurriedly changed their clothes, while Victoria put bandages on Amy's feet, since some of the glasses pierced into her skin, it wasn't deep cuts, still needed to be disinfected before Amy put on shoes.

Hunter used on of the walkie talkie, and connects with his aunt. "Are you okay? Over." He said. Soon he got an answer. "We are okay. Grandma and I are going to head to the campo. Go on foot. Traffic are jams. We will all meet there. I was already told that the others are over there. Go now. Don't waste time." It ends there as Amy picked her bag and walked out of the neighborhood with her family.

There were people crying and bleeding with children wailing. Amy held tears back that there were people already dead from being crushed or in the middle of the road. She kept her head down and continued to walk. The further they have gotten, the more damage they have seen, and the more pain they have felt. Just then they heard the alarms, people started to run away from their houses and head to higher ground. "Let's go!"

They started to run to the road as they were few miles of the mountains. Amy was shoved to the ground and someone didn't bother and step over her elbow. She screamed and held her arm as she grabbed on someone's pants to help her up. The person then pushed her back down as more people started to run over her. "Amy! Amy!" Hunter called and saw her as he runs and picks her up. "Don't let go of my hand." He said as they ran the road just as the low hiss begins and the intensity builds gradually to a rumbling crescendo. Then frighteningly, builds again in waves as Earth continues to tremble.

Amy didn't look back as she kept her broken arm close to her chest and held tightly of her brother's hand. Her feet slip outwards on the road as there was an earthquake, the pain from her feet from the cuts and running. Hunter picked her up onto his back as he ran to the road of the mountains. Amy had her uninjured arm around him as she hid her face in his neck.

However, a boulder came rolling down as Hunter pushed effort and made in time for the boulder to roll down the road. Amy cried for the screams of people from the pain or fear. She gripped his shirt as he didn't look back, knowing the way to the house by memory nonstop running. Then that's when Amy heard the final alarms. The tsunami wave crashed louder than the explosions in the quarry and the water washed in the town like it were no more substantial than an architect's scale model abandoned on the sands.

It was the extinguishing of a dream, of a way of life, easier than wet fingers on a candle flame. The screams of people echoed from where they were. Amy and Hunter couldn't do anything as they continue to the house. Hunter was almost there as there were people who lived in the mountains, they all hides inside with families as every door and window were shut closed. "Hunter! Amy!" Eylin cried as José helped Hunter with Amy as he took her inside and placed her on the couch. Roslyn knelt down beside her to check her arm then feet as her aunt, Julia helped her clean the cuts from Amy's feet. It wasn't a serious issue to go to the hospital, but it is swelling and disconnected.