||Venti: Lending A Shoulder

Start from the beginning

"why not? I'll teach you."

y/n clenched her fist. how tempting the offer was.

"do you want to?" Venti asked, reaching a hand out to her. He smiled, "I'm quite good at teaching."

there was a reason to say no, yet after seeing his smile she could no longer turn back. so she took his hand and jumped into the abyssal darkness forgetting all consequences.

it wasn't dark when y/n returned home, yet her house was gloomy. she didn't want to enter. She felt like a mouse trapped in a cage, only her graduation can set her free.

"why are you back so late? where did you go?" the person who greeted her wasn't her mother, but y/n's grandma.

"I was accompanying a friend." Y/n replied curtly, setting her bag on the sofa nearby.

"until this late?" it was barely 5 pm. "are you waiting to get kidnapped?"

y/n didn't bother answering, instead she asked back, "have you eaten?"

her grandma scoffed, "of course not, your mother didn't even cared to cook before leaving."

y/n looked at the direction of the dining table, different types of menus were obviously placed on it. "there is though? don't you like salmon mentai?"

"they tasted bad, i don't want to eat it."

y/n suppressed the urge to hit a wall and retreated into her room. "...do you remember where you put my music sheets at?"

her question received an instant glare. y/n avoided the stinging gaze. "why? what for? Do you want to go back playing your stupid piano like your father? look at what he became, a useless-"

"I want to throw them away," Y/n cut her off, "did you not break a table because I didn't want to throw it away last time?"

she, in fact, didn't throw them away. quietly hiding them in her backpack and returned to school the next day with her music sheets.

"these are my old notes," she laid them out on her table. Venti sat backwards in his chair, resting his head against it. "they're kinda advanced? I dropped piano before the last level."

"woaa," venti exclaimed, "no wonder you're so good. we could totally use these."

"I'm glad I persisted and didn't throw these away." y/n sighed, "it costed me a table and a laptop though."

"huh?! why would you throw these away?!" Venti's dramatic self started to reign in. it was as if he would start crying after hearing such words.

"my grandma doesn't like me playing. smashed a glass table and doused my laptop in water over it." y/n talked as if it was a light hearted joke.

venti pondered for a while, staring at y/n's face. he finally decided to speak up. "i had a friend once. he was my inspiration to play the piano. we both promised to write a song about each other and play it."

y/n listened to him attentively. "...did you finish the song?"

"no, he died in a car accident before high school. I stopped playing after that."

she was quiet surprised after that confession. "what made you start playing again?"

venti shot her a smile, eyes gentle like a pool of water. "you."

"hu-huh-"

"so that's why, y/n. I'm going to finish the song i wrote. I'm going to write about you." Venti's eyes light up at the thought.

y/n couldn't help but get choked up. it was embarrassing... but, she liked it.

"in return, you have to write a song about me too." he gently grabbed her hand, rubbing her knuckles comfortingly. Venti's eyes staying focused on y/n, the gentle expression never leaving his face. "whatever you grandma says, don't listen to her. although i can't really help much, I can lend you my shoulders and ears."

"...thank you venti." Y/n looked down at her table. this was the first time someone had said something like that to her. she wanted to cry.

venti laughed, "I'll always be here, so you don't have to worry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

awooga. this is so unstructured considering my half muddled brain.

anyway if someone knows how to fix a laptop pls help LMAO ALL MY ART GONE LIKE THT BC OLD WOMAN THREW A TANTRUM AND SMASHED MY MOMS AQUARIUM TO MY LAPTOP

ya'll ion care if you wanna fight, just don't bring my shit into it y'know