I ended up moving here when I was about 6.

I miss my old life.

 I open the front door trying to be as quiet as possible and shut it behind me as I creep up the stairs to my room.

I walk into my room and look around for a second. I like my room, its mostly white and grey with the green from a few plants helping the room seem even more lively. There're a few posters, and photos on the wall.

I walk up to my closet and grab some more comfortable clothes to change into, change, and get into bed.

I lie down trying to clear my head and just fall asleep.

it never works.

-Setting, Moonshore, Rustin's house

pov: Rustin, 1st person

I sneak back into my house through my bedroom window. If my dad ever found out I snuck out, he would totally beat my ass.

I lie down on the bed and think about the whole thing that just happened.

I was at Finnley's, and she wanted to go walk on the beach. But she wanted to go all way to Heartside. It took 20 minutes, 20 minutes I didn't want to spend walking. When me and Finnley got there, I didn't see Lyle at first, but he soon came out and sat on the bench farther up the beach.

Lyle is a good dude. He's med height, has thick, medium length wavy light brown hair, and deep blue eyes. He always wears baggy jeans and shirts. He's basically the idea of "Loser."

When I saw him, I knew Finnley was going to go and interrogate him for "stalking us". She doesn't like Lyle. She said she'd doesn't like how he clearly "is trying to steal her boyfriend", which makes no sense, because I would never date a man.

I've wanted to break up with her for a long time, but never found the appropriate situation. Not because I like Lyle, like I said I would never date a man. But because Shes just a snobby stuck-up bitch.

It's hard to keep up this image that everyone else wants to see. Football boy with a beautiful loving girlfriend.

It's not what I want to be, but it's what I have to be.

It's this image.

This is me.

I shift around in bed trying to get comfortable.

It's hard to get comfortable at night. My body is tense and restless. Then when time passes i get all anxious about not being asleep in time.

It's exhausting by itself.

Eventually, after a while of tossing and turning, I manage to get myself comfortable enough to try and fall asleep.

I like sleeping, in my dreams, I get to be the person I want to be, not this character I'm forced to play to keep everyone happy. 

I like sleeping,

I get to dream, I get to be free from all this drama I'm forced to put up with, I just get to be at peace and relax.

I like sleep.

no image,

just nothingness.

Then my nothingness was interrupted by a text from Finnley reading, "i miss youuu" 

I roll my eyes at it and respond, "me too."

I don't know why I even put up with her anymore, Shes too much to deal with.

I would break up with her right now, but I don't like breaking up over text. It doesn't show real enough feelings, if there are any. Also, I did just say I missed her too so it's not really the right moment.

Annoyed from having to deal with her I just put in my headphones and put my phone on "do not disturb" and fall asleep listening to music.

I like music.

and I like boys, but I get judged for saying that.

ignore any errors I don't feel like fixing it.

(1089 words)