The atmosphere of the bar was suffocating. It was barely eleven and it felt as if it was already at full capacity. Niall, Melissa and I made our way through the crowd and met near the bar. People were gathered around the counter to order their drinks, leaving us little to no space to stand.  

"Why are there so many people?" I screamed, trying to be heard by Niall.

He smiled. "It's some guys birthday," he explained.

"Friend of yours?” I asked.

He shook his head. "A friend of a friend. And I'm not even sure my friend is here yet." 

I laughed, knowing that this party was going to get crazy. That it was the kind of event where everyone invited everyone and was meant to turn to chaos, but I was excited. My blood was pumping in my veins and I hadn't had anything to drink yet. Maybe it was the rush of emotions that came with seeing Harry earlier, but I preferred to think it wasn't.

Niall asked us for our drinks and went ahead to order for us. Meanwhile, Melissa and I went to grab a table. The bar was full, but everyone seemed to be on the dance floor or near the pool tables, which made finding a table to sit a much easier task than we anticipated. We found one, not too far from all the action, but secluded enough that we could hear ourselves think.

I looked around and Melissa called my name. "Are you looking for someone?"

I shook my head. "Just looking to see if Niall knows where we are," I said. If I was looking for someone else, it wasn't consciously. "You look nice," I remarked to change the topic.

"Thanks, you too," she replied.

"I'm sure he likes it," I winked and she laughed.

"Sure hope he does, it took me a long time to get to this point."

We laughed and Niall arrived with three pitchers in hand. Melissa and I looked at him with wide eyes and he shrugged, smiling.

"I figured it would be better to get pitchers, instead of having to cue for the bar again." Melissa and I looked at each other, before shrugging and Niall laughed. "We deserve it after a day like today."

We nodded and Niall handed us our drinks. I smiled widely as my pitcher was put down in front of me, it was my favourite, a p.ornstar, and I was ecstatic at the idea that I would drink the whole thing tonight. The vibrant blue color indicated how perfect it would taste and I immediately started to drink it. Niall and Melissa laughed at my enthusiasm and I joined them. I knew my reaction was a little exaggerated but it had been a while since I had gone out and even longer since I had properly 'turned up'. But tonight would be the night; I needed a night away from worries. I knew I shouldn't turn to alcohol to drown my sorrows but that wasn't my true intention, I just really wanted to have fun.  

And I did. Oh boy, I did. 

It wasn't long until I finished drinking the whole pitcher and was asking for another. Niall and Melissa tried to keep up with me, but I finished my drink way before they did, so I volunteered to go and get the next round.

I made my way through the sweaty bodies. My mind was clouded with the alcohol I had consumed too fast, but I liked it. It had been a while since I had felt that way.

I looked around, trying to spot the bar and make my way through it. In the process, my eyes landed on the boy that made my heart beat. He stood in the corner, a glass in hand, his other hand on the shoulder of a girl I didn't know. I quickly turned my eyes away, I couldn't handle seeing him flirt with someone else.

The shallow hole that had dug its way through my heart was back. I thought I had healed it in the past week, but I had simply made it look like it was solid, truly it wasn't. Witnessing Harry with someone else generated a different kind of pain, one that was much bigger, one that made me wish I could shut eveverything down. It hurt physically and tears unintentionally flowed down my cheeks.