Chapter 5

Italics-Thoughts
(This takes place on Saturday as Chapter 3 took place on a Friday for the sake of this story. Sorry for not clarifying before)
After everyone woke up they headed to the field for the practice match they were having today. Miyuki walked over to Haruichi and Furuya.

"Good morning Haru, Furuya." Haruichi smiled at him.

"Good morning, Kazuya. I see you're excited for this practice match."

Furuya jumped in the conversation to say, "Well of course he is Haru, I mean he gets to see how much Eijun has improved so I would be excited at that too."

Miyuki laughed. "Right again Furuya also, you may have some competition if he has improved this much."

They all walked to the middle of the field to meet with the team they will be playing against and the rest of their teammates along with their coach.

"Hey guys." Miyuki waved to his teammates with Haruichi and Furuya.

"Hey Miyuki- senpai."said a first year.

Sawamura walked over to Miyuki, Haruichi, and Furuya.

"Good morning guys.", he said with a nervous tone to his voice.

"Good morning Eijun.", replied Miyuki.

"Are you ready for this practice match?", asked Haruichi to no one in particular.

Miyuki had his usual smirk on his face. "Hell yeah I'm ready! I'm going to show them just how great we are, right Eijun?" He pulled Sawamura into a side hug.
Furuya noticed Sawamura looked uncomfortable being in that hug. Furuya thought, something definitely happened physically to him to make him uncomfortable in that hug.

"I think we should start to warm up now, since the other team has started stretching," said Haruichi.

Miyuki gasped dramatically. "We better hurry then! Come on guys, we gotta get ahead of them!"

Miyuki ran over to the rest of their team to start stretching. Sawamura watched as they ran over to stretch and started to follow before he was stopped.

"Sawamura Eijun. Heh, never thought I'd ever see you again after that training camp," said someone.

Sawamura flinched and turned around to look at who stopped him since he was familiar with that voice.

"Tanaka, um yeah, never thought we'd meet again," said Sawamura with a nervous and frightened tone.

Tanaka smirked at the fearful look Sawamura had in his eyes. "Well, I'd better head over to finish warming up. Hope you don't freeze Sawamura I want this game to be as fair as it can be."

Tanaka walked away from Sawamura but not before making sure that Sawamura knew something was going to happen. Sawamura then walked over to his team as they finished warming up.

Haruichi noticed something was wrong with Sawamura. "Eijun, did something happen?"

Sawamura quickly turned to face Haruichi and Haruichi saw fear in his eyes. "No Haru, nothing happened."

Haruichi looked at him then said, "Okay Eijun, anyways we better head over to the dugout since the game is about to start."

They then walked over to the dugout where Miyuki was getting his catcher's gear on.

The coach walked into the dugout to tell them where everyone was playing out in the field. "Sawamura, you will be pitching the first 4 innings with Miyuki behind the plate. Haruichi you will be at second base while Furuya will be warming up for when he goes in to finish off the last 5 innings. Everyone else will be playing where they usually play."

Miyuki then spoke up to tell the coach, "Why can't Sawamura pitch the first 5 innings or the whole game? You know, since this is the first time he will be pitching with us again after the training camp."

The coach then said, "That is exactly why he will not be pitching that long. We have to keep his new abilities a secret to the other teams to use as a trump card."

"Fine.", grumbled Miyuki who had wanted Sawamura to pitch the full game.

"Um", spoke Sawamura. "There is one person on the other team who knows my new pitches."

The whole team yelled out, "What!?!"

"Yeah" said Sawamura. "He was my catcher at the training camp."

The coach sighed, "This is exactly what I wanted not to happen but calm down everyone. That catcher may know his pitches but now that Sawamura is here Miyuki can be his catcher. It works out since their battery is the best one on this team."

The team calmed down a bit.

"Yeah!"Miyuki yelled. "We have no reason to fear this other team only because their catcher knows about Sawamura's new pitches. We are still the best and can beat them. Now let's get out there and show them what the Seidou baseball team is made of!"

Miyuki riled the team up as their confidence grew.

They then walked out on the field as Miyuki told Sawamura, "Don't worry about that catcher your team is here for you Eijun."

Sawamura smiled a little at Miyuki as he walked over to the pitcher's mound. Sawamura watched as the batter started to walk over to home plate as Sawamura finished practicing his pitches.

The umpire walked behind Miyuki and said the words that would start this game for better or for worse , "Play ball!"

Hey guys! I know this chapter came out late and I'm so sorry for that. I am also sorry that this chapter is short but I will try to make chapter 6 long as it will be start of the practice match you all have been waiting for! I am just extremely lazy but don't worry I will try to be more active about adding on to this story. Thank you guys for reading this story and see you all next chapter!