2 | The Labyrinth of Despair

Start from the beginning

The feeling of numb slowly cracked with each word for Draupadi. The loss of the entire maternal family now coming in swirls to her mind.

Bhanu who was looking over for all the corpses to be taken slowly gestured for the move of the scions of Kuru.

" Nooo "

" Maa " , Suthanu reached to Draupadi on stumbling feet as the latter collapsed in her arms. The Pandavas held back their better halves closer , eyes blurring with tears.

" Thanu , please let them sta... " , Draupadi's voice died out as Suthanu's eyes turned blurry as she even blinked it back. " Maa " , Suthanu held Draupadi tighter , blinking her eyes at Bhanu as he nodded softly ordering the soldiers to proceed. ' I am sorry Maa ' , Bhanu apologized within his mind. 

Draupadi recalling her sons as they stood up for her when the peace proposal was being taken and the happy moments they had lived back in Indraprastha.

" Swami , Bhrata " , Subhadra looked at tears at Krishna and Arjuna.

" Bhadra " , Krishna's voice softened as he placed his hand on her head. The torment has been intolerable. It wasn't the time to tell about the brahmastra by Ashwatthama.

Hazes of moments with the Uppandavas , Panchala princes and Drupada kept rewinding at the back of Draupadi's mind. The constant promises of the siblings played in loop sucking every breath of her. The void of Drupada's affectionate love and support making her inner blood rise in torment. The cries of her sister-in-laws piercing every pore of her. Spots of darkness danced before her eyes , burning tears stinging her face. It was a vain attempt holding onto the slipping threads of rise and mirk.

" Maa " , Suthanu was worried finding Draupadi numb. There wasn't a word said nor the sharp cry.

" Sakhi " , Krishna came to Suthanu's aid. He knew it was a game of running away from the truth and he wouldn't let that happen with her , it was the initial stage of depression where one denies the truth. Acceptance was the first step towards rise . Suthanu looked hopefully at Krishna , the ultimate savior.

Draupadi looked up to him instantly. Suthanu loosening her hands around her trying to gauge the situation her mother is in.

" Sakha.. " , Draupadi was cut in her statement. " Everything you see is true sakhi. Panchala has perished " , Krishna was soft yet he was the very reflection of truth. Draupadi stayed still for a moment before breaking into piercing cries as Suthanu's hands tightened yet again.

Suthanu simply looked at Krishna as even she tried to hold the burning tears in her eyes that threatened to break her apart. ' Pita , I see no light in this darkness. Nor words I have neither the spark of hope to be rekindled. Is there no way out of this circle ? ' , it was a silent thought but still heard. Krishna placed his hand on Suthanu's head gently. Duties is the way child and you will realize it with time , Krishna's thoughts remained with him.