Come In With The Rain; Chapter 2 "Perfect For Each Other,"

We sat like that the rest of the night. I just cuddled in his arms. He sat in the cool sand, and we washed the waves crash against the rocks. If the waves were high and strong enough, like they were occasionally, they splashed against our feet. As I was starting to fall asleep, I could hear Blake softly whisper, "goodnight, Ash" in my ear.

My heart got faster, and I closed my eyes, pressing my face into his chest. He laid back from his sitting position and put his arm around me. I cuddled against him and fell asleep. That night, under the stars, I dreamed of everything. I dreamed of Blake and I getting married, having kids, being old people sitting on the old front porch. You know the kind, I'm sitting there knitting, he's laughing at me as our grandkids run around the front yard.

I could still hear the waves crashing against the rocks. It was peaceful. We fell asleep in the middle of the beach. "Wake up!" someone screamed. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. There was a police officer standing over us. The sun was starting to rise, so I assumed it was five or six in the morning already.

"Blake," I groaned, shaking him.

"What are you doing baby? Go back to sleep," he mumbled.

"Blake, wake up," I groaned again.

"Mm?" He asked, his eyes still closed.

"I'm going to need you both to come with me," the officer said.

I stook Blake again. He sat up this time and looked at me.

"Let's go," I mumbled, standing up.

Blake stood up to and walked to the car. I leaned against the front of the police car, now fully awake, while Blake talked to the officer. I could hear parts of the conversation. "Are you drunk, Sir?" "No." "Is she drunk, Sir?" "No." "What are you two doing here?" "We must have fallen asleep. We were just laying out last night." "The part of the beach is private property. It's only open during certain hours since it's part of the community center." "I'm sorry, Officer. We didn't realize that we fell asleep."

I didn't know what was going to happen. I mean, we just fell asleep.

"Officer," I said stepping towards them, "I'm really sorry if we were on private property. We didn't mean anything by it."

"Do your parents know you're here?"

"My parents are out of town, I was supposed to spend the night at Blake's house." I answered.

"Does Blake's parents know you're here?"

"I-" I turned to look at Blake.

"Yes Sir, I called them last night after Ashton fell asleep. They said that as long as we're careful, and we don't--you know--do anything, and we come home in the morning, that's fine."

"Did you do anything?" the officer asked.

We both shook our head quickly.

"I was really upset last night, and I was just crying in his arms, and then I must have fallen asleep." I told the officer.

Blake nodded in agreement.

"Why were you upset?" The officer asked.

"Teenage drama, no big deal, really." I answered.

He gave us a smile and pointed to Blake's car. It was the only car in the parking lot other than the police car. "Go home, I'll let you off easy this time. Don't let it happen again,"

"Yes Sir," Blake answered, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards his car.

We both climbed in and headed back to Blake's house. We were laughing so hard.

"I'm sorry about last night," I finally whispered.

"It wasn't your fault. But, you were wrong. We're perfect for each other," he smiled at me before his eyes flashed back to the road ahead of us.

"Yeah, I guess we are, aren't we?" I laughed, finally realizing he was right.

It didn't matter if he was popular, and I wasn't. It didn't matter if I wasn't as perfect as those other girls. None of that mattered. We were perfect for each other. We are perfect for each other.