Tanya Degurechaff x Cil(OC)[Youjo Senki]

3rd PoV

It was a beautiful Day in the Imperial Army's Western Garrison. But it seems as if not all of the soldiers are enjoying the nice humid day.

Tanya von Degurechaff aka the Devil of the Rhine; the youngest high-ranking soldier to be in the Imperial Army and to receive the silver wings badge, the appointed commander of the first mage battalion in the army, and is the most fearless of soldiers, is having a simple dilemma.

Tanya PoV

I continuously tap my leather boots against the wooden floors of my quiet office. Why do I feel so uneasy? It's like someone else other than that Being X is watching me. And he hasn't even spoke to me in 5 years!

Whoever it is, they definitely have a companion or two.. Who would even want to watch a 16 year old do some boring paperwork? I don't know, pedophiles? Weirdos?

I slump on my desk as I let out a distressed sigh. Lieutenant Serebryakov notices my distress and brings me a cup of coffee(no milk or sugar cause she likes it bitter uvu).

"Are you alright Major?" She asks

"Not even in the slightest. I feel like someone's watching us. I don't know where, but they are." I say, my chin lazily resting on my palm.

She shrugs then walks to her desk, continuing her work. I then see a flicker of red light in my peripheral and glanced out the window. Just as I ducked, we both hear a gun shot from the area. Surprisingly, the window wasn't harmed in the slightest.

I took my shotgun and so did the Lieutenant. We carefully peeked outside to see a man wearing the Dakia nation colors, being pinned down by another.This man's appearance was nothing I've seen before, he had a light shade of blonde hair tied to a short ponytail by the neck. His hair with an odd streak of color in the front with eyes a mixture of amethyst and diamond(image below but add the neck ponytail and the uniform)(boi be lookin like he got passed on to so many devices-)

 His hair with an odd streak of color in the front with eyes a mixture of amethyst and diamond(image below but add the neck ponytail and the uniform)(boi be lookin like he got passed on to so many devices-)

Edit from 5/10/22: here's the more accurate image of the description

He wore the uniform of the Imperial army with extra accessories I didn't think I'd find in this world. We slightly lowered our weapons but didn't let go. He notices our presence and locks eyes with me. He smiles warmly and drags the man into the Garrison. I feel my cheeks warm up and I take a breather.

Lieutenant Serebryakov sat me down the wall and to try and calm me down. After a few minutes a personnel of General Zettour comes in the office.

"Major Degurechaff, General Zettour needs you in his office right away"

"I'll be right there" I managed to say, speed walking out the office, with the Lieutenant in tow.

As I entered the office, I see the same man, standing with the same warm smile that makes my face warm. The General coughs to get our attention.

"Major Degurechaff, this is Lieutenant Cileste Lunear, more known as the Angel of the Barracks; he specializes in assassination and sneak missions. Lieutenant, this is Lieutenant-Colonel Tanya von Degurechaff more known as the Devil of the Rhine. He will be joining your battalion as of today, Major. Dismissed." We both salute and leave the office.

He accompanies me to my quarters as we walk in silence. He tries to start a conversation.

3rd PoV

"Hey, did you know that the guy from earlier was supposed to be an assassin? What a joke! I've seen sneakier civilians playing hide and seek in a treeless field!" Cileste claims with a wide grin.

"As expected of the Dakian army." Tanya monotonously reply. The atmosphere suddenly became awkward between them. After a few, he continues the conversation on a different topic.

"So uh... Quick inquiry, do you have a free schedule?"

"As far as I've been instructed, I have free days on the third day and 6th day"(Wednesday and Saturday but no one cares :'3) She replied.

"C-cool! Uhm.. So.. you wanna go to a cafe on 6th? I heard they're making really good sweets! We can get to know each other better.." He invites, as  a sweat rolls down his neck.

She abruptly stops, facing him.

"Are you courting me?" She says with a slight smirk. Now his own face flares up and he becomes flustered.

"I-I mean- it's just work purposes, y'know? I'm n-not doing it for anything personal-" She then starts quietly giggling(I really wanna see a genuinely happy Tanya, y'know? ;-;) making his face flare up more.

"Then if I accept, you'll agree that it's a date?" Tanya teases him, her finger on the side her lips.

"...would you agree it's a date too?" Cil asks, in a more quieter tone, tugging the hair on his down ponytail(idk what it's called okay?? I love the hairstyle tho-).

"Sure thing" she replies, already continuing to walk in a direction as he goes the other way. Both of them had goofy smiles that lingered for a long while.

Throughout the day, their acquaintances noticing their change in behavior but didn't inquire, fearing the wrath of their majors.

I AM SO SORRY IF THIS ISN'T THAT GOOD!! ;-; I was just really into a bunch of animes lately that I really want to make One shots/ mini stories about it... I wanted this one shot to go a long way as I have a bunch of plot ideas but I don't know how to do it.

Also if you want me to make a part two, I'd gladly make it but please give me ideas. And I'd like to point out that English isn't my first language so bear with me if the grammar or spelling is off. I'd gladly take kind criticism on writing :) 読んでくれてありがとう!(Yonde kurete arigato!)

-SheynChanUwU(6/11/21-10:11AM)