2

The next day at work, you couldn't stop your mind from wandering to the MacManus twins, to how much fun you had with them...and especially to Murphy kissing you, the memory and thoughts had kept you awake for most of the night.

You still weren't sure if he'd been just messing around, kissing you just for fun, because it was St. Patrick's, or if it might mean something else...you two had just met, though, didn't know each other, so you knew you shouldn't be giving it so much thought.

You couldn't help it, though, just like you couldn't help the butterflies that the kiss had made you feel. Murphy was attractive, sure he was, but he was also charming, and fun, and...and there you went again, with that silly smile tugging at your lips and those butterflies fluttering in your belly. You tried to stop it, you didn't want your asshole coworkers to notice that smile on your face.

They hadn't said anything about yesterday, how they had gone out without you after telling you they'd call you and take you with them, but you had noticed a couple of them talking quietly to each other and looking in your direction.

You were acting as if you hadn't cared or waited for them. Part of you, though, a big part, wished that you could somehow let them know that you hadn't been moping alone at home, but that you had actually gone to an Irish pub with two handsome Irish guys, and had kissed one of them who by the way was very attractive. It might be petty, but you really wished you could rub it on their faces, since they were unabashedly talking behind your back, and also telling each other how fun their night had been.

You guessed you'd settle for just ignoring them.

Part of you also couldn't stop thinking if Murphy and Connor would really call you to go out with them again, or if they wouldn't think on you anymore...but Murphy had seemed to want to see you again, he had gotten your number...you didn't care if he didn't kiss you anymore, you wanted to hang out with him and his brother more. Well, okay, you cared a bit about him wanting to kiss you again or not, and what it might mean, but you tried not to obsess with it. Tried.

You also tried not to have high hopes on the brothers calling you, in case they didn't, but still, as soon as you were back home from work, you couldn't stop yourself from running to your phone to check if you had any voicemail...you hadn't. You let out a sigh, part of you telling you that it was normal, they had work too, and other part warning you to keep your expectations low.

Not much later, though, you were curled up on the sofa, browsing through the tv to try and find something you might like, when your phone rang and you jumped off the sofa and towards it so fast that you'd have been embarrassed by yourself, but you couldn't care, picking up the phone.

"Hi?"

"Hey, it's Murphy, from last night."

"Yes, I remember, uh...how are you?" You cringed at yourself a bit, talking by phone wasn't your thing, and you didn't know what to say.

"I'm great, love, and ye?"

"I'm good too, thanks."

"My brother and I are goin' to Mc.Ginty's, the pub from last night, wanna come?"

"Yes...yes, sure I want!" You wondered if you sounded too eager, but you couldn't help it, you were happy that the brothers wanted to keep hanging with you, that Murphy had phoned you, and those damn butterflies were in your belly again.

"Great, want us to pick ye somewhere?"

"No, no need." You didn't want the brothers to have to go out of the way again for you. "I'll take a cab there, just tell me the street."

"Ye sure?" Murphy wasn't sounding very sure himself.

"Yes, it's fine." You assured him, and then you heard some muffled voices as if the brothers were talking to each other, before Connor's voice spoke to you that time.