"I bat for both teams," Louis corrects her in a mocking tone.

"Well I bat for her team. Wait, I'm not sure how that works actually... nevermind," Harry says.

"Why are you up here? There's a party going on downstairs," Louis says, shaking the conversation and the peculiar encounter.

"I got distracted," Harry simply answers.

"Mhm. Well, I think we missed our opportunity to swim, they're doing the fireworks soon. Come on." Louis extends his hand for Harry to take. Harry walks towards Louis and pecks his cheek, then musters up all the courage he has to come off as confident as he walks in front of his boyfriend down the hall.

"Do they still have those cocktail things?" Harry wonders; if he is going to get through this firework show, he's going to need alcohol.

"Yeah. I'll grab you one."

"That's alright. You head out there and find us seats, I'll meet you out there," Harry says.

"No, because you'll probably be antisocial and just stay inside." The house is much quieter than it was before Louis went searching for Harry, as mainly everybody is now outside.

"I won't, Lou," Harry basically whines, "that was just because I ran into Ruby. She's quite the talker, you know." No matter Harry's pleading, Louis doesn't budge. He grabs a can of fruit-flavored  sparkling cocktail, something that should hardly be considered alcohol in Louis' humble opinion, then gives it to Harry before linking their arms and pulling him outside. It's dark, but a large bonfire and a few houselights illuminate the backyard and reveal the numerous blankets and chairs set up so everyone can watch the show.

"Let's sit here, love," Louis sits down on a large red and white striped blanket on the ground and pats the spot next to him. Harry sits down, then nervously sips on his drink and sees people beginning to light the fireworks. "I have to use the bathroom," Harry quickly tells Louis, then scurries back inside. Louis sighs, but decides to let Harry use the bathroom, trusting he'll come back.

"Oh, hey," Niall says when he suddenly spots Louis in the crowded backyard. He sits on the blanket and takes a sip of his beer, then looks up at the black sky decorated with thousands of shining stars.

"Hi," Louis bitterly says.

"Woah. What's the tone for?" Niall wonders, furrowing his eyebrows at Louis.

"Harry keeps bailing on me. I feel like I've been running around looking for him all night," Louis confesses as he plays with a small blade of grass on the blanket.

"Maybe he just wants to socialize," Niall shrugs.

"I doubt it. There's no one inside and he just ran to the bathroom. He's been gone for a while now, and the fireworks are about to start." Louis frowns when he realizes he will likely be watching the firework show alone.

"I don't blame him," Niall casually says before taking another swig of beer.

"Why don't you blame him?" Louis asks, now becoming defensive.

"Because he's scared of fireworks." A look of judgement displays on Louis' face when he processes Niall's words.

"No he's not. He would've told me that. We tell each other everything," Louis pointedly says.

"You two need to have a talk then, because he most certainly is scared of fireworks." Niall pats Louis' shoulder, then leaves him to mingle. Louis needs a minute to think, because he is baffled right now. Why has Harry never told him that he's scared of fireworks?