Chapter Nine: Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

I scoff, "That sounds so nice. Can I go with them?" I sarcastically question, crossing my arms.

She shrugs, "If they let you go, I'd be mad, considering they told EJ and I to try and have a meaningful night at the movies."

"Guys.." I pause, trying to get it through to the group, "Just spend Thanksgiving together."

Realization dawns on Ashlyn, "Wait.."

Carlos nods, with the same look of realization, "I was going to say..."

"Come over after dinner tomorrow? Like, late night party?" She suggests.

"I never don't want that!" He grins.

"Should we keep it to a small group or.." Big Red questions.

Carlos takes my hands, "Blanche, I love you, you're a genius, and I'm so sorry about everything that's happening tomorrow." He blurted before I could get a word in; shock shadowed my features, wide-eyed.

"And I'm so sorry for.." He lets go of my hands to announce, "Party at Ashlyn's after Thanksgiving tomorrow! Everyone's invited!"

While everyone cheers, I huff a laugh, "You hate me." They can tell by my voice that I truly do not care.

"You're not mad?" Carlos questions, puzzled.

"My life was kinda destroyed at Ashlyn's last party. You guys have fun though." I casually reply, before walking out and leaving them amazed.

*****************************************************

***********************"Kat, I look like an Easter egg!" I complain, refusing to leave my room in a bright outfit

"Kat, I look like an Easter egg!" I complain, refusing to leave my room in a bright outfit.

"Bianca, I haven't even seen you, and I know you look beautiful." Kat protests, standing outside my door.

I open my door, wearing a dreadful look, while a huge smile appears on my sister-in-law's face, "Bianca, you look amazing!" She beams, wearing a green velvet slip dress.

I playfully roll my eyes, and we share a laugh before heading outside.

Mom's eyes widen in horror, "Bianca! You're showing too much skin." She complains, arms crossed over her knitted, long sleeve, brown dress.

I put my hands on my hips, "Mom, respectfully, this was the only bright outfit that I could find that didn't make me want to die."

Mom sighs and waves it off, "You look very beautiful. You're lucky I'm in a good mood, this is the only time I'll let it slide."

In the silver coupe, Damian is waiting in the driver's seat, wearing a white polo with green velvet pants. He gasps in fake panic when I open the back-right car door. "Who are you?! Where is my sister?!"

I scoff, settling in my seat, "Hiding in an Easter egg."

"Oh, shush." Mom dismisses, waving it off, in the passenger seat.