Mind control and sensory overloads

POV: Coming out of the HYDRA form for the first time

I can't see a thing. The lights are way too bright.

"... kid? Kid, can you hear me?" I raise my arms gingerly and cover my head, trying to block out the noise and light.

"Sis?! Are you alright?!" Peter cries. "Parker? Are you okay?" Someone places a pair of headphones on my head and I relax, only covering my eyes for light.

"Can you turn down the lights, please?" I whimper, barely audible to anyone but Peter. I hear someone ask for the lights, and I slowly open my eyes in the pitch-black room, picking up on shadows of people from the very faint light behind the closed door. "Pete?" Reaching out for him, his hand intertwines with mine and I tug him down onto the bed I'm in, gently taking off the headphones.

"Where is she? Where's Lady Melody?" Thor barrels in and looks around frantically before his gaze lands on me. "Melody!"

"Hi Thor," I say weakly. "What happened?"

"You were a soldier for three weeks. We couldn't get you out until Hulk knocked you out during training," Thor tells me softly. "We didn't know if I- we- would ever get you back."

"Why are you fraternising with the enemy?!" A Russian voice in my head demands. "Stop talking immediately! That's an order!"

"Who the hell are you now?"

"A fucking cabbage. I'm the Snow Assassin you idiot," she says. Wow, she must be me. That's what I would've said.

"Who is she talking to?" Sam yells over the noise.

"Can you not, please?" I ask him quietly.

"Oy! Shut it!" Peter yells and I cover my ears again. "Sorry, sis."

"It's alright. I just need someone to tell me what the hell is going on with the voice in my head, please."

"Let me see." Loki puts a hand on my cheek and looks to see if Peter approves. He does, so Loki continues. Green surrounds us and everything goes silent. Loki's lips are moving, but I can't hear anything. After a minute, he pulls his cold hand away and I regain my senses. "That is your other mentality that's speaking. She is the reason why we had Doctor Banner knock you out."

"For the record, I am so sorry!" Bruce calls. I wave it away and the Russian me screeches again.

"Get back to base now. You know where it is. Get up and get moving or I swear on your life that I will make sure I kill you on the next mission."

"Shut up!" I yell, and everyone quiets. "Loki? Can you get her out?"

"Possibly. Only with express permission from your brother, though," he informs me politely. "And from mine," he adds softly.

"I will allow you to as long as you don't try to mess with her head," Thor says sternly. "And if you do, I'll kill you."

"You have my word," promises Loki. "And Peter?"

"Yeah, Mr. Loki?"

"Do you give me permission to remove this from your sister's mind?" Peter pretends to think about it and he grins, sliding out of my bed.

"Of course, Mr. Loki. You can." Loki nods, and puts his hand back on my face and rests his forehead on mine, noses touching.

"You won't feel a thing, I promise," Loki tells me, and I close my eyes, falling asleep instantly.

• • • • • • •

"Good morning, soldier. Nice of you to join us," someone vaguely familiar says.

"Mmm... готов подчиниться." (Ready to comply)

"Why did you call her that?!"

"Ой ... что случилось?" (Ow... what happened?)

"Someone get her speaking English again!"

"What's going on?!"

"Can everyone just shut the fuck up for a minute?! She needs space!"

"W.. Wade? Is that... is that you?" I groggily open my eyes to see the worried face of my best friend looking at me. "What... what are you doing here?"

"Your brother texted me and told me what happened, so I had to come see you," the mercenary explains. "Can you just leave us alone? God! Get out!" Wade yells, and everyone but Peter quickly scatters.

"Did it... did it work?" Peter smiles and nods happily. "Thank God."

"We were really worried. Mr. Loki knocked you out for a solid two days to make sure she was gone," Peter explains.

"That makes sense. You guys look like shit," I joke, and then cough, Wade handing me a water bottle almost immediately. "Peter, how long have you been awake for?"

"90 hours," he says, looking at his shoes. "I haven't slept since you went under."

"I've actually gotten some sleep, around 16 hours," Wade assures me, glancing at Peter. "All I know is that Petey here hasn't slept in days."

"Petey? Is there something is should know, boys?" They look at each other, then me, then each other, then me again.

"No," they say at the same time.

"As much as I'd like to be, Petey here is dating someone, but I don't know who. He won't tell me," Wade says, making a face at my twin.

"Aww, you guys are so gay for each other, that's sweet!" I say with a shit eating grin. "Now. Peter. Whisper to me. Who is it?"

"It's no one really, I actually haven't told him that I am dating someone, he's just assumed I am. I've been figuring out a way to ask him out and I plan on doing it the day you can get up and walk," he whispers to me with a shy smile. "Yeah, so you might meet him soon," he says loudly, grabbing Wade's attention.

"Hey, Bruce?" I try to yell, but it comes out as a cough. Wade hands me a glass of water and the coughing subsides as the scientist walks in.

"Yeah, kid?"

"How long until I can get out of this wretched prison that is a bed?" I joke, and he grins.

"You can actually leave the med bay today, uh, you've recovered completely during your week here. If you want to try standing..." Bruce trails off and looks out the door. "Thor, you can come in now!"

"Melody!" The god bounds over and unintentionally shoves my brother and best friend out of the way, helping me sit up and balance.

"Thor, you're such a bull in a China shop," I tell the God of Thunder. He looks confused and I elaborate. "You're very clumsy and run into everything."

"If you say so m'lady..." 

Part 2?

let me know!!