Saturday Night Confessions

"So you're saying that you have an addiction?"
"No, I'm saying I have a struggle, some sort of phobia"
"Yeah! A phobia that doesn't exist."
"Yes, it does. I looked it up"
"Come on Elle, you self diagnosed yourself with..." She said as she tries to remember the word.
"Pistanthrophobia"
"Yeah, that." Liz says with a face
"It's the fear of being in a romantic relationship after heartbreaks and trauma."
"Is this something you need to see a counselor for?" She eyes me
"No, I'll be fine"
"Will you? Sounds like you're crazy" Liz laughs
"Very funny Liz." I said while wandering off for a moment.

Elizabeth Johnson, that's my sister's name, she's two years older than me and knows me better than myself. We don't have other siblings and we're both girls so we're really close, I even call her my best friend. We were roommates most of our lives and even when we got our own rooms we still spend a lot of time in each other's bedrooms. We have our "sisters hangouts" every Saturday nights and we talk about our week and have sometimes a fun and playful time together. Other times we have deep and meaningful conversations.
"What are you thinking about?" Liz says because she saw me wander off.
"Nothing" I said as I brush her off not wanting to alarm her.
She looks at me worried
"Really, I'm fine" I try to convince myself rather than Liz.

My phobia is real, my first reaction when I found out was the same as Liz's. I didn't believe it or at least I didn't want to.