For His Pleasure

Chapter One

 “We all get used. It’s the reality in this world. What choice do women have? Men rule it with an iron fist and that is never going to change. You should be happy you don’t have to think and a man does it for you. It’s your duty to supply an heir. We all must at some point. Like cattle we are and we must enjoy it. I am lucky my first born is a son. If I hadn’t I would be dead. Bella you have spoiled far too much by your parents. You are useless, nothing but a waste, Cairo shouldn’t bother with you, and no less should end you.”

“I have done nothing but do as I requested.” She cast her eyes down to ground. Hoping this unserviceable conservation that was hate driven would end. Bella’s comments always fall upon death ears as the woman continued on.

“Women are property and their owners are men. It is how it should be and will be. You need to be beaten for a change. I wish Cairo would do so and every day. Bella I dream of your screams.”

“I understand.”

“If I had a daughter I’d tell to quit her whining and except her fate. Do you think I wanted to be married? It was the last thing on my mind. I was young and it had been arranged as did all of my friends.  Our husbands had been chosen for us. Women are unfit to make wise decisions. There is no need for our opinions. Cairo fixed me and made me understand. I learned quickly and it’s something I have tried to get him to teach you. He is your blood and it is his job to do so as the man who rules over you.”

“He is not my husband.  The man is my uncle and he will not harm me,” Bella said as she eyed the woman carefully. Not displaying her own feelings towards her that she fought hard to keep hidden.

“Oh Bella you are unwise and you know it to be true. Thus you have no choice but to agree with your dear aunt. You know I speak only of the truth. You toss him sweet smiles to distract him with those crooked teeth of yours. They should be pulled. It’ that smile makes him have pity for you.”

“Yes,” Bella nodded her head in agreement. 

“We should have married off Mary instead. There are men that prefer young girls like her and she is a looker compared to you.”

Bella’s teeth grinded together as she stood till as a statue as her aunt sat there rocking her own child to sleep. Bella’s cousin Edmond. He was four and old enough to go to sleep on his own.  Yet he was the one truly spoiled and done so heavily.

“It’s a shame you aren’t pretty enough. We could have found you another husband farther away and equally dumb as your late husband.”

Bella took every word thrown her way without reacting in tears as she had done in the past.

“Not dumb enough. He figured it all out, your, and my uncles. Soon others will know,” Bella said as she reminded her aunt of the husband that was now dead.  The man was old and rich but he figured it out before he bedded Bella. His death was swift and the marriage was a done deal. It didn’t matter if he came to Bella or not.

“They will not. Unless you speak of it then I shall know who to come to and I will show no mercy. Here give Edmond to his nurse. I need to take me a nap.”

Bella had no one to tell and if she did she wouldn’t utter a word.

“No, rock me so more,” Edmond said as he started to cry when his mother roughly yanked him out of her lap and pushed him to Bella. She was angry on just Bella’s words. Most of it was sparked by her jealousy she had towards the young woman, it fueled everything hateful she said to Bella.