"James, the reason why I didn't tell you was because I thought that you would hate me." Nat admitted, unable to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry." She apologised, still looking away from him. "Oh Nat, sweetheart. I could never hate you. There is nothing in this world that could make me hate you. I promise." Bucky reassured her, as he walked towards her and took her in his arms. "There is another reason I didn't tell you." Nat spoke, softly. "You can tell me anything. Don't worry." He said, as he kissed the top of her forehead. She breathed a sigh of relief. She felt so safe when she was in his arms. She held onto him tighter before she spoke. "The real reason I didn't want to tell you was because I thought you would leave me." Nat confessed, hiding her face against his chest. Bucky gently tilted her face towards his. "Nat, my love. I would never leave you. Not for anything. Like I said before, there is nothing in the world that could make me hate you or leave. I'm all yours, forever." He declared, lovingly before he bent downed kissed her softly on her lips. They've kissed so many times before but this time it felt as if time stood still. Nat was lost in the moment, not wanting it to end. She wanted to imprint it in her memory, not wanting to forget any second of this moment. 

"I love you so much, James. I love you more than anything in this world." She professed with so much love in her heart. "I know." He responded with a smile, as he kissed her cheek. She hugged him tighter, trying to get even closer to him. "How about I come with you. With the two of us we will be unstoppable." He grinned, cheekily. "That sounds like a plan." She smiled, pressing a kiss to his heart. "I love it when you do that." He sighed happily, returning the gesture. "Me too." She smile, happily. "So tomorrow then?" He smirked, knowing they won't be leaving that night. "Tomorrow." Nat confirmed, as Bucky lifted her up in his arm and headed back to bed...

Nat and Bucky woke up at the crack of dawn, making sure no one was awake. If there was, they had to be very careful that they didn't cross paths with them. "You didn't tell anyone about our little side mission, did you?" Nat asked Bucky. "No. No one anything about what we're about to do." He replied, feeling a little nervous about it. He didn't let Nat know. "Good. We will be in serious trouble if they do find out." Nat said, nonchalantly. Bucky was growing becoming more anxious by the second. "Are you sure we won't need back up?' Bucky asked, anxiously. "I'm sure, James. We will be in and out. I didn't think we would need to involve the other members for this mission." Nat explained. "All we need to do is stick to the plan. Everything will work out. If things go wrong then we improvise." Nat said, confidently. "You are surprisingly confident for this mission." Bucky observed. "I'm always confident for a mission. You sound like you're having doubts that this mission will be successful." Nat pointed out. "No, it's just that I think it's better if we have back up." Bucky admitted. "You can stay behind, if you don't feel confident for this mission." Nat said, irritably. "No. I want to come with you. Forget I said anything." Bucky added nervously. 

Bucky sighed, he felt that Nat was acting too reckless. There was nothing he could do or say that could change her mind, she was stubborn like that. He didn't want to see her get hurt or be put in danger again. He was terrified of losing her again, which is why he was so anxious on this mission. He almost lost her before. If something happened to her again, the pain would be unbearable. Bucky knew she had a troubled past, he was scared that she wasn't going to find what she wanted. He knew she regretted not being able to save her parents which is why she was acting the way she did. He was scared she was going to lose her life in the process. He had a  feeling that Ivan wasn't her father. Hydra could be playing some kind of mind game with her and he hated it. They knew she had a vulnerable side and they using it to their advantage. 

When they arrived at Hydra's Headquarters, they found the place surprisingly quiet. Nat and Bucky looked at each other, they knew something was wrong. "This doesn't feel right." Bucky whispered to her. "I know." She replied, chewing on her lower lip. "I think we should leave." Bucky suggested, worried that they were in danger. "No, I'm not leaving now. We're so close. We have to complete this mission. I'm not going home until then." Nat reiterated, not letting anything stand in her way. "Okay. Then I will  remain by your side." He said, loyally. The walked walked quietly, trying not to make a sound. They knew the secret rooms from where they could enter. They were about to enter the room when an agonised shriek  pierced the air. It was Bucky, he was writhing in pain as one of the henchman tased him relentlessly. Nat ran towards the henchman, her batons in her hand, she launched herself onto him as she momentarily stopped him from hurting Bucky.  While occupied with the one henchman, many more came hurtling forward. A few of them started beating Bucky, not going him a chance to defend himself. "Leave him alone!" She cried out as she tried to defend herself from the goons. "Please stop it. Please leave him alone. It is all my fault that he is in this situation." She begged, in pain at the sight of Bucky being tortured.

"I guess you have a big decision to make,Miss Romanoff." A woman spoke, walking towards Nat. "You must be Rumlow's wife." Nat realised. "That's correct. See that you are very observant. Anyway, I have a proposition for you" the woman spoke, calmly. "I'm not here to make any kind of deals with you." Nat spat. "Oh, I think you might be interested in this one. Get me hulks blood or I will kill your boyfriend. The deadly Winter Soldier. Hmm not so deadly now." She said with disgust as she kicked Bucky in his face. He groaned in pain. Nat winced, hating to see him in so much pain. She knew she had no other choice. She was not going to let this monster hurt Bucky. "It's a deal." Nat spoke, stoically.  The woman smiled.