Chapter 16 - Confidence

ابدأ من البداية

"No, no I don't think you should. That wasn't why I asked. I was just curious."

"But maybe I should? I mean, my track record was pretty bad last week."

"But it was fine this week. Besides, It's not like you'll be stuck not being able to go. I'm sure the fanciest restaurant on that Main St. Has washrooms."

"But, what if it's full? Or there's a long lineup?"

"Okay, valid points, but have a little more confidence in yourself. Aren't you really good at holding it?"

"I... I don't know anymore. I was... And then last week just kind of threw everything off..."

"But you've been really good all week. And today doesn't count because that was on purpose."

"I... I guess you're right."

"Hey look, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I wasn't intending to make you feel insecure. If anything I feel like you've been... stronger. There's something about you now that feels new. I like it."

Victoria felt happy to hear those words. She's felt braver too, but a part of her also felt like a fraud.

At this point Steph had repositioned herself to lay down on the couch. She was curled up on her side and the sun was shining through their window. Victoria thought she resembled a cat and felt a similar calling from her body for a cat nap.

It was only 1 in the afternoon, and there was plenty of time before her date. Retreating to her room she was about to grab a Goodnite for her nap when she decided not to.

"No, not today. I'm okay."

She set an alarm for 4, and sprawled on top of her bed feeling the warmth of the sun on her body. She meditated on that feeling until slowly her body relaxed and she drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------

She woke up at 3:30, half an hour earlier than she planned, but she felt awake and energized. She felt thirsty so she went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

She noticed Steph moving and stirring on the couch. She was no longer napping but texting quite intently on her phone.

Knowing her friend was the type to neglect hydration, Victoria filled another glass of water and sat next to Steph on the couch.

"Who are YOU texting?" She asked teasing her friend.

"Just Jason. Talking about The Office... And gossiping about your date tonight" she smirked.

Victoria rolled her eyes. "So what is up with you two now? Are you guys seeing each other again?"

"We're just friends. Totally platonic. I don't know if we want to try it again. We've both finally properly moved on to the single life"

Victoria knew what she was talking about. The past two years since the break up was full of baggage. Both tried dating other people, but it never quite worked out. And it was only until recently that Steph was able to bring up Jason less and less until they started taking again. She laid her head on Steph's shoulders. "Whatever you choose to do, I support you... Okay?"

"Thanks" Steph rested her head on Victoria's.

"Now, I don't know about you, but I feel like some exercise. Blogilates?" Victoria asked.

"Sure! Do we have time?"

"I don't take THAT long to get ready. We should be fine."

They did a moderate exercise, working up a decent sweat, but more importantly a good stretch. Steph let Victoria use the shower first so she could get ready for her date as she was prone to take a long time when she chose to dress up.