Day 1

Day 1 (Wednesday)

Kyle Warren takes his time descending the steps of his label's private jet. Once he hits the pitch black tarmac he looks around. With the roar of the engine in his ears and the lights barely visible behind his sunnies, Heathrow doesn't seem that much different from any other airport in the world. He sighs, scratching the back of his hair.
Of all the emotions he expected to feel about this trip, anxiety wasn't one of them. He's finally in London, one of the last few cities in the northern hemisphere he hasn't seen yet. He's been looking forward to getting away for the month to relax but now... nothing. No peace. No calm. No breath of fresh air. Instead he's on the lookout for paparazzi, his mind already on the busy itinerary awaiting him at the end of the month.
'Good evening Mr. Warren. I... Mr. Warren?'
'Yeah, sorry. Didnt catch that. What's your name again?'
'I'm Cedric, sir.'
'Cedric, right. Yeah, Michael mentioned you. Said you're punctual.'
'Yes, sir.'
'No need to be so formal, mate. Kyle will do just fine.'
'I'm sorry, sir, but I'm afraid I can't do that. Company policy, you see. Now then Mr. Warren, would you like to visit any of the popular spots before you retire for the evening?'
K - 'No no. I'll just go check in. Thanks.'
C - 'You're welcome, sir. Right this way.'
Cedric climbs in soon after closing his rear passenger door and they pull away from the tarmac. Within two minutes Kyle is twitching again. To pass some time he picks up the hotel brochure he's folded and refolded countless times on the plane.

The Corinthia London
River Suite

An icon of the London landscape, The River Thames itself inspired these serene suites

An icon of the London landscape, The River Thames itself inspired these serene suites. Let the blissful tranquillity of your relaxed abode wash over you as you admire the panoramic vistas. With the London Eye at your window, we couldn’t think of a better way to start each day.

Room Details:
- Complimentary butler service
- Views of the River Thames
- Guest bathroom (not needed)
- Marble bathroom with under-floor heating
- Living room and work area
- Bathtub with built-in TV and separate rain shower

- Mini bar (that's what he's talking about!)
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Daily newspapers and a selection of magazines upon request 
- Complimentary access to ESPA Life at Corinthia facilities, including swimming pool, sauna and steam room
- 24-hour access to our BodySPace gym
- Complimentary use of the Business Centre and corporate concierge services
- In-house laundry and dry cleaning
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (blah blah blah...)

Its informative yet boring... the perfect blend to do the trick. After another 25 minutes they pull up to the Corinthia, he quickly checks in under a fake name and immediately locks himself away in his suite. He doesn’t connect to the internet, keeps the tv off, dumps his phone in the bottom of his suitcase and draws the curtains to relax in dark silence. 
After an early dinner he starts  drinking to help settle his chaotic thoughts. The more unhappy and lost he feels the more whiskey he drinks. Soon he’s on his second bottle. One minute he's upright and the next the world is black.

A/N: Picture and details of hotel room courtesy of the Corinthia Hotel London website. https://www.corinthia.com/london/rooms-suites/river-suite/

Welcome to Day 1. 24 more to go.
Kadz🌸