Chapter 8

For three weeks, Colton has gotten used to the idea of Cody coming over, which is a lot more than I could have ever hoped.

There were a few problems with the day care but Stacy assured me our secret was safe. I mean, we were basically kidnapping a kid nearly twice a week, and as much as I hate to admit it, Colton is great with Cody and Cody usually takes a while to warm up to people.

Colton is patient and kind with him, the exact opposite he is to me. Well I guess he is kind, but never patient. Just because he has gotten along with Cody doesn't mean I've been any less trouble.

I still whine if I don't get my way, I still try and fight with him every chance I get but he still doesn't want me to leave this place. I didn't understand it, and that was the problem. I'm barely allowed in the backyard before Colon comes out looking like a mad man. I hated being in the same house 24 hours a day. I'm not even allowed to go for a walk and I think I've gained like 3 pounds from eating and sleeping all day.

Smarties is always out too so it's usually just Stacy and I. We've gotten close and Cody calls her 'Aunty Stacy'. She grins like crazy when he does, almost like she's proud. I feel a little weird about it, though.

The only people I've started to miss a lot are my mum, dad and Cameron. I try and refrain from asking Cody about them incase he accidentally lets slip that he sees me, not that anyone would believe that he does anyway. I do wonder why the day care hasn't told my mum that his "sister" keeps taking him.

I sighed and stared at the phone in my hand, that has been there for the past 20 minutes.

Did I really want to do this? I'm not going to even try and deny that I don't exactly feel unsafe in this house, or with Colton, I just didn't know why he wanted me here and that was the worst part. This was the first chance I've had to really call someone, and I knew I wasn't going to be calling the police.

Four rings and someone picked up.

Not Camerson.

"Cammy's phone." A girl seductively giggled into the phone. I heard her laughter erupt like someone was tickling her.

"Give me the phone." Cameron chuckled.

"Hello?" Now it was Cameron.

"Who the hell was that?" Things have been suss twice in a row now.

"That? That was just my cousin."

"Your cousin lives on the other side of the freaking country."

"Right, she's here to visit, so, can I call you back soon sweetie?"

"No!" I snapped, "Who was it?!"

Silence.

I was met with silence and then a sigh.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"Cora it's not-"

"What I think?" I finished.

"Go to hell!" And I slammed the phone back onto the base as tears started falling from my eyes.

Out of all my past boyfriends, I never expected Cameron to be one to cheat. He is so kind and gentle. He's never rough or annoyed easily. I always put him on a throne and everyone warned me but I didn't listen. I never listened to anyone and it was really starting to backfire on me.

Tears were still pouring down my face when Colton made his way into the kitchen.

I couldn't see him because my back was to him but I felt him. I could always feel him.