Scene 4 An unknown feeling

Start from the beginning

Now he was to play a leading role in a love story. Falling in love with another man.

He was to play the foreign feeling in another language.

Full of doubt, he embarked on the flight to Taiwan to make a decision. The art director had taken notice of him because of his new song. 'Aqua Blue' didn't have a cover yet, but let Jiang choose Yu.

Yu's heart threatened to jump out of his chest then when he was introduced to Sam. He was not able to see him at all. He only felt the presence of another person who was the only one who could look inside him. Never before had he had such a strange feeling. There was another standing inside him. Beside him.

"I couldn't read what was going on in your head at all. You just stood there looking at me. Your look seemed like you were from another planet," Sam recalls with amusement.

"I'm sure the others were from the same planet," Yu replies dryly, making Sam sit up abruptly.

At last, Sam notices the change in Yu's nature.

Yu senses Sam studying him insistently with his eyes.

"That's exactly how it felt back then when you inspected me like merchandise. It's hard when you have too much choice," Yu explains,

"And in the improvisation, I quickly realized how many times you had already practiced that scene with others. I thought after that you would choose not to play with me. Why else did you seem so annoyed and be rude. There too, Jiang saw a chemistry that you didn't perceive."

Sam's eyes widen. His brows draw higher and higher. His mouth openly shows his astonishment. What had happened? Why this change in Yu?

"I admit, at our Impro, I was atrocious. Embarrassing. You must have really gotten a terrible impression of me. But for you, I decided. Jiang had also seen chemistry with others before. I chose you," Sam tries to appease Yu.

In vain and quite the opposite.

Yu feels an all burning down flame rising inside him.

An unknown feeling.

It wants to tear and scream.

The idea of chemistry between Sam and another makes him race inside.

So Jiang saw this chemistry in others as well. So Yu is not special to Sam's side.

No destiny.

No prediction.

No magic.

No truthfulness.

A quivering feeling numbs all his senses.

He cannot grasp the feeling, cannot title it, cannot ignore it.

He simply chooses to remain silent.

"Yang Yu Teng, are you okay?" asks Sam sincerely, "My kitty seems a little upset." purrs Sam afterwards.

'Not your kitty!", Yu thinks and says, "It's okay, we'll be right there. Let's listen to some music while we drive. Your choice."

Sam swallows his questions and decides to reach Yu with a song.

This time it's Sam singing along to "All of me" by John Legend as Yu crosses the last 5 kilometers to the Spring Festival.

"...

What's going on in that beautiful mind? 

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me 

But I'll be alright

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginnin'

Even when I lose, I'm winnin'

....."

Sam addresses each line to his Yu, knowing that his English is not sufficient to understand all his words.

He hopes Yu feels his love in every sound, every note.

And Yu allows himself to be a little soothed by Sam's ravishing voice.

Sam tames the flame in his body to a lurking fire.

And Yu resolves to endure the burning.

For his Sam.