The 7 Times He Realises He Loves You [Rafe Cameron x Reader]

paring: rafe cameron x reader
summary: the seven times rafe realised he was in love with you
warnings: rafe actually being kinda cute again, he's pretty ooc, sorry about that
authors note: this could be read on as lead up to the last one, or on its own, whatever floats your boat.
word count: 2.5k
published on tumblr: july 14th 2020
requests are open

1.

Rafe's sheets have always been of the highest quality, ever since you saw them, you made it know how unnecessary you thought the silk was. But as you curl into Rafe's side, you don't care, only wanting to remain here, undisturbed forever.

Until his door swings open so hard it almost slams against the wall it was attached to.

"I don't have anything to wear." Sarah's voice is easily distinguishable from anyone else in the household, you lift your head from Rafe's side, raising an eyebrow as you know how large (and overflowing) her wardrobe is.

"Sarah," Rafe starts, moving his gaze from his sister, back to his girlfriend before closing his eyes, "we don't care."

You bite back a laugh before slapping his chest. You can almost feel him holding back a groan, knowing you plan already: sacrifice your cuddle session to help his sister.

"Where're you going?" Your voice is so sweet, clearly interested and wanting to help.

Rafe doesn't even try to hide his groan as he can hear his sister start pacing before rambling off on a tangent he really doesn't want to think about.

"He's only given me hints; I think the beach, but I don't really know." You crawl to sit on the edge of his bed, and Rafe doesn't want to admit it but he enjoyed the view. He begins to tune his sister out and stare at you. The way your face is slightly unfocused after being so relaxed, and how your clothes fit you so well and compliment what Rafe loves about your body (which is everything), and he feels a tingle in his chest at being the one who gets to see you like this.

You stand from the bed, catching Sarah mid-pace, and holding your arm around her waist as you put open the door to his wardrobe. He smiles at the little section that had become yours. Neither of you meant for it to happen, but clothes would be left here in exchange for his, or after a steamy night you had to hide from his parents. But he realises, for once, that he's never once felt like you're taking up his space, everything has always been so easy.

"Okay, beach, you want cute but with the possibility of getting wet." Rafe can see as Sarah nods along, hanging on to your every word in an attempt to calm her nerves. "Something cute," you pull out a pair of shorts (that you realised were Sarah's anyways so you knew they'd fit), and you move slightly over in the wardrobe, pulling out one of Rafe's shirts to be oversized, and hold it against Sarah, the colour complimenting her tan skin perfectly. "And if you get wet," you lean closer, pretending to whisper but speaking at a volume you knew Rafe would hear you, "It's not your shirt."

Sarah smiles, wrapping you in a tight hug. You pull her close, before pushing the clothes into her hands.

"Go, go, you have a date to get ready for."

Rafe can see her grinning as she almost skips to her room. You close the door behind her before moving back to the bed, you stop to hover over Rafe.

He smiles up at you, and you lean down, pressing a light kiss to his lips before flopping back next to him, curling into his side again. But Rafe can't stop smiling.

2.

He's standing at the top of the boat, pressing his weight down on his left side, tired of the slow drawl out onto the open ocean. He convinced his father to trust him with the boat for the day. But he's positive that you standing next to him, with a smile the definition of innocence gracing your face, was one of the main convincing factors. His father loved you.