Meeting the Ghostbusters

Danny has been living on the streets of New York for a few months now. Why was he living on the streets instead of a apartment or a home? Or better yet, stay in Amity Park? He couldn't risk staying in Amity Park. Vlad murdered his friends and family and blamed it on Phantom. Now, the GIW is swarming the town. It would have been a matter of time before he has been discovered and taken away to a lab. The safe thing to do was to leave.

Knowing Vlad, he is probably keeping an eye out on Danny. If Danny went to an orphanage or to a police station, Vlad will know. Like the stalker he is. The best thing Danny could do right now was keep a low profile by staying on the streets far away from Amity.

Danny sighed as his stomach growled. It's been a while since he last ate. Thanks to his ghost half, he doesn't need to eat as often as a normal human being usually eats. Humans usually eat three times a day. Danny eats at least once a day. Even then, it was usually something small. Like a small bag of chips or an apple. Anything Danny could get his hands on while living on the streets.

Danny moves from his tattered mattress and grabbed his backpack. His backpack on contained the Fenton Thermos, the blueprints for the Fenton Portal, and a few other important things the GIW or Vlad does not need to get there hands on.

As Danny went outside of his abandoned apartment building, he could hear sirens of Ecto-1 in the distance and it was coming closer. Call Danny an idiot for staying in a city where Ghostbusters live in, but Danny could not think of a safer place to stay. It's common knowledge in the Ghost Zone that the Ghostbusters hate the GIW. Danny does not know why they hate them, but he just knows that they do.

As long as Danny stays in the city, Vlad and the GIW can't get to him. Not without alerting the Ghostbusters.

Danny walked down the streets, not really paying any attention to where he was walking. He needed to get his mind off of things before getting his meal of the week.

Suddenly he bumped into someone. He crashed into the concrete ground with a grunt.

"Are you okay?" The guy he crashed into asked. He held out his hand.

"I'm fine." Danny said as he grabbed the hand and the man helped him up.

That was when Danny got a good look at him. The man he ran into wore a beige colored jumpsuit with elbow and knee pads and black gloves. On his left shoulder was a ghost with a cancel sign across it. On his back, he carried what it seemed to be a electrical backpack.

Danny paled when he realized he bumped into a Ghostbuster. The rest of the Ghostbusters were right behind him, putting their equipment in their car.

"Hey! What's this?" The Ghostbuster asked as he kneeled down and picked up the Fenton Thermos. Danny's eyes widened as he realized it had fallen out his backpack.

"It's a thermos, Ray." The other Ghostbuster behind him said.

"Thank you for clarifying that Dr. Venkman." The Ghostbuster called 'Ray' said sarcastically.

"You're welcome."

"It's a thermos, but at the same time, it's not." Ray said. "No thermos is built with this much technology in it."

Danny knew he was caught. He sighed. "It's built to catch ghosts. Can I have that back now?"

Ray looked at the one with glasses. "How does it work?" He asked Danny

Danny sighed. "See this button near the cap? That's what turns it on. After you weaken the ghost, you turn it on and point it to the ghost and suck it in. It's simple."

"And to let the ghost back out?"

"There's a switch on the back. You press the switch and the button at the same time." Danny said. "Could I have that back please? It's the only thing of my parents that I have left."

Ray handed it back to Danny. "Could you come with us? There's more questions you need to answer and here is not the place."