Warped Tour - His Side Of The Story

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, a big one too."

You smile, "That's great."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Your music needs to be heard and I think this big gig is just the way to do it," You cross your arms over your chest. He stares at you blankly, taken aback by how calm you are about this. He thought for sure that you would freak out when he told you it was a big gig. Yeah, but she doesn't know how long you'll be away.

"You really think so?" He clarifies for good measure. You think about it for a second before nodding your head yes. He smiles, "Cool."

*****

It's August 9th, the day before Fall Out Boy is due to perform on Vans' Warped Tour. He's packing his bags with enough clothes to last him the whole tour, walking back and forth from the dresser over to the bed where his bag is and where you're sitting at the head.

"How long are you going to be gone again?" You ask him. He never did tell you the exact time.

"Not long," He answers vaguely, setting a few folded shirt into the bag.

"How long is 'not long'?"

"Not long, (Y/N)," He smiles at you, hoping you'll just accept his answer as it is. You cross your arms over his chest and your eyes narrow. "Trust me, it'll be over before you know it and I'll be back home," He adds.

"But what if that guy kills me before you come home?" You inquire. He laughs. You are talking about your next door neighbor that you are almost one hundred percent positive is a murderer. Patrick claims he's just friendly.

"He's not going to kill you."

"Okay, then what if that witch comes to collect your rent and I can't pay for it?" He shakes his head. You're talking about the landlord who you are pretty sure hates you. Patrick says she hates everyone.

"You don't have to worry about that because I paid rent last week. Any more 'what if's?" He jokes with you, a smile crawling onto his face.

"What if I just go with you?" You question, your tone a tad bit whiny as you stretch out on your back and stare up at the ceiling, folding your hands over your stomach, "I mean, I don't have school anymore and I think it'd be fun to be a roadie." You turn your head so you're looking at him.

"It would be fun, (Y/N), but there's not enough room in the van for you," He gives his reason as to why you can't come.

The real reason is, despite how much he loves you, he needs a little time to himself. Ever since you moved in with him, things have been great, but the two of you do everything together. And doing everything together was getting a little boring and annoying. But he couldn't tell you that - it'd break your heart. "You know I'd bring you along if I could."

You heave a sigh and look back up at the ceiling.

Patrick gets on the bed and crawls over to you, lowering himself down and kissing you on the lips. He pulls away and pushes a piece of your hair out of your face, "I'll be back before you know it, (Y/N)." You give him a small smile. He kisses you once more before crawling back and getting off of the bed, zipping up his bag and hoisting it off of the bed.

He walks out of the room and just as he sets his bag down by the front door of the apartment, a car horn sounds outside - the band's arrived. Patrick looks over his shoulder and sees you standing in the threshold in between the bedroom hallway and the living room.

"I'll call you when I get there, alright?" He assures you. You nod your head yes. He walks over to you and gives you a quick goodbye kiss. He pulls away and walks back over to the door, picking up his bag and leaving for the tour.

He walks down and sees the band's van parked in the road. He opens the back where all of the band's instruments and amps and bags are crammed in and throws his bags in, adding to mix. He shuts the doors before hopping in the back seat with Joe.

"About time you got here," Pete comments, looking at Patrick through the rear view mirror suspended from the roof of the van. Andy presses down on the gas pedal and propels the vehicle forward. "What'd you do? A quickie with (Y/N)?" The corner of Pete's lip curls up into a smirk and Joe allows a laugh to escape from his mouth.

"No," Patrick answers defensively, crossing his arms over his chest and averting his gaze out of the car window.

The ride is silent for a good while. The silence is broken when Joe notices Patrick and asks, "Why the long face?"

He shrugs his shoulders and picks his head up out of the palm of his hand, "I'm just worried about (Y/N), that's all. This is the first time she's at the apartment all alone for more than a few days."

"I'm sure she'll be fine," Andy reassures him with an understanding smile, keeping his eyes on the road.

I hope so, Patrick thinks to himself.