(ii) slow down

"why'd you wanna meet me satoru", she asked monotonously

"i was... very surprised you agreed to marry me. had to know what was going through your head."

"familial responsibility", she replied, a bored expression on her face, "helping my father form an alliance with one of the three major families is beneficial"

"responsibility?"

"yes, why?"

"attachment has many forms, you know. and the most irritating of them all is responsibility"

"how so?"

"it tends to give you this clouded sense of righteousness", he replied, "before you know it, there's no way to escape it"

he turned his head slightly to read the expression on her face. she looked a little surprised, lips parted.

"what?"

"i expected you to say controversial things, but i didn't expect you to say something sensible and controversial. it's not an original thought, is it?"

"i read it somewhere", he confirmed, "many years ago"

"you expect me to believe that you read"

"wow so that's the image you have of me huh", he chuckled, "not very nice of you my future wife"

"why are you getting married, satoru?"

"i don't know, i think it's finally time to grow out of my playboy phase. and if i do have to settle, might as well fulfill my 'familial responsibility' too."

"that's very honest", she raised an eyebrow, "you're weirdly self aware"

"i'm just letting you know what it is you're getting into", he replied, almost seriously

"i appreciate it"

"so why are you wearing glasses?"

"to show you what an idiot you look like when you wear them"

he chuckled, pulling them down slightly so that she had a view of his drop dead gorgeous eyes.

"you seem like the only woman i've ever met that thinks like that"

"you and your ego"

"you and your hatred towards me"

the topic of conversation shifted a few times but gojo seemed very adamant on finding out why she was wearing glasses.

"y/n-chan are you being modest? does your family have some super secret ability that i don't know about?", he enquired more, evidently thinking only about her glasses.

he didn't notice the change in her mood.

"no i don't"

"are you secretly blind or something cause i wouldn't really care but i'd still-"

"no"

"and secrets aren't good in a marriage and since...", his voice trailed off as she slipped off the glasses she was wearing, just so that he would stop nagging.

her eyes were perfectly normal. but they were red and puffy, with tear stains under them.

"y/n..."

he looked surprised, and shocked, maybe a tiny bit guilty.

"nothing out of the ordinary", she stated, putting them back on.

"y/n if you're being forced into this marriage..."

"no no it's nothing like that", she shook her head, "my family wouldn't do that. i agreed on my own."