Chapter 1

"Hello, Shinazugawa-san! How are you?" Kocho questioned, tilting her head up to the Wind Hashira upon her.

"I'm doing good, thank you, Kocho. I heard you were just on a mission, how was it?" He answered, turning towards his left to see the smaller girl next to him.

"Well it wasn't too much to handle, and it seemed to be a former lower kizuki, also." She told him, seeming to have a worried face, she asked
"Hey are you okay?"

Sanemi looked down to the ground. As much as he hated demons, the Kizuki infuriates him the most. If only him and Masachika made their way to Hashira rank together, maybe the dim lit world would just be a bit brighter. If he were to protect Masachika the way he protected himself, they'd both be able to say that they defeated a Kizuki and became a Hashira together. But the world doesn't make things fair. The only thing that Sanemi wishes is that nobody else dies. Not Master Ubuyashiki, not any of the Hashira, not another Demon Slayer Corps member, and not Genya. Sanemi wishes to protect everyone in Masachika's name. Because that's what he would've done.

"Shinazugawa-san...?"

Sanemi looked back up from the ground and turned to face Kocho.

"Is everything okay, Kocho?"

"Shinazugawa... you seemed pretty down, are you okay? I'm happy to help you out. I'd do anything for a comrade." She said looking up in awe.

"I prefer not to talk about it, if that's okay." He told her, turning to face forward, as Master Ubuyashiki was making an entrance.

The Hashira all bowed down to Master and he said his usual introduction.

"I am pleased to see you in good health, Master. I pray for good fortune upon you." Sanemi said as he bowed. Sanemi usually gets the first say because of how much he respects Master Ubuyashiki, the other Hashira know that it's Shinazugawa that talks first, they never get the chance to.

Soon the Hashira meeting was over so Sanemi made his way back to The Shinazugawa estate.

"Nemi! Did anything bad happen in the meeting?" Genya rushed over to Sanemi, hoping that they're one day going to be normal brothers again.

"Go away, you useless piece of shit! Nothing important happened!" Sanemi shouted, shoving his brother to the side and continued walking past.

Sanemi hates yelling at his brother, it really saddens him and makes him feel horrible. He just hopes that his mean words can make Genya give up and not want to become a Demon Slayer. He couldn't bare to see another person he loved die. Especially not Genya. He thought that Genya already not being able to use Breath Styles would stop him. But it didn't.

The next day, a crow came flying to the Shinazugawa Residence. It had jewellery and a hair pin, it told Sanemi that he was invited to eat lunch with the other Hashira if they didn't have missions, Uzui arranged this because they need more 'bonding time'. He also mentioned that everyone should come or they wouldn't be considered flamboyant. He also said we could invite anyone we wanted.

Genya turned over to Sanemi, he wanted to go because he never had friends so he was never invited anywhere. Sanemi just glared at him in response.

Sanemi didn't really want to go, but the others might find him rude if he didn't show up so he had to go. Really, he was fine with it.

It was now the day where he was supposed to go to eat with the others, as he made his way to the restaurant that they were going to eat at, he ran into Tomioka, as they both shared the same route.

Giyuu didn't bother saying hello, and Sanemi didn't like him, so they walked in silence, Sanemi following Giyuu's path.

They soon made it into the restaurant together, they both walked over to the table that Uzui and Kocho were sitting at, it seemed they were the only Hashira coming. Beside Kocho was a smaller girl, by the looks of it, it seemed to be her younger sister. Kanae would tell Sanemi about her younger sister, Shinobu, so he had an idea on who she was.

"Tomioka! Shinazugawa! You're here! It seems it's only us coming today but it's fine." Uzui called out, waving.

"This is my younger sister, Shinobu, I'm so glad you guys could come!" Kanae called, cupping her cheeks.

"I'm honoured to meet you both." The smaller girl said to the two Hashira.

"It's nice to meet you." Giyuu said, while he and Sanemi sat down on the seat.

They all talked about interesting demons they've encountered and strange stories that had happened along the way. After they got their food, Tomioka kept smiling while he was eating, Kocho's younger sister gave him funny looks. Sanemi thought that was very rude of her, considering her age. But it'd be fine if he did that. He knew he was better than Tomioka so it wouldn't matter, but of course he couldn't say that to his face because it would make him seem rude.

Giyuu had actually left early. He said he had plans and needed to leave. Bullshit.

After they had all finished eating, Uzui invited them to his residence to meet his wives. They all agreed and were on there way to his. It wasn't that far of a walk, it only took half an hour.

Uzui's wives, Suma, Hinatsuru and Makio were very sweet and were very respectful. Uzui said he would be back in 5 minutes because he wanted to show them something. Suma had actually taken Kocho's sister to do her hair. It was just Sanemi and Kanae alone.

"Hey... Shinazugawa, do you feel guilt in any way?You show many signs of it and I don't like when people don't feel their best." She said in worry, she felt that something was off and she really wants to help him. But with his distant personality, it was very hard to just talk to him without the conversation stopping right after.

"Why do you ask, Kocho? That's a very personal question."

"I don't want anybody I love to feel hurt." She replied.

Giyuu was eating salmon daikon. I don't like this chapter because it just doesn't feel right. I DO NOT KNOW where this story is going and I might quit so if you're reading this I obviously found a story and didn't quit.