Nighttime Visitors

Start from the beginning

~Present~

I glance over at Mark's son, Jack, and find him staring at me. He quickly looks away and continues eating. I lift my mask and start eating a bit.

  "So tell us about yourself, Y/n."

  "Yea I'm sure they're 'dying' to know about you and how 'interesting' you are."

      I roll my eyes and put my mask back on.

  "I like drawing, videos games, and anime. That's all you need to know."

  "Oh anime... That's like cartoons, right? Ones for kids?"

      I smirk and stand up, finding the perfect excuse to leave this awkward dinner.

  "How dare you? You uncultured swine! I'm offended. Anime is a culture! It's not for tiny little children! Goodbye!"

      I walk away and laugh a little while running upstairs. Jack runs after me and taps my shoulder, rubbing his arm.

  "S-sorry about my dad. H-he really didn't mean to offend you. He's a ni-nice guy, he just d-doesn't know too much about our generation and about our interests and stuff."

      He blushes and I turn to look at him.

  "Oh. That? I wasn't really offended, I just wanted to get away. I was pretty uncomfortable."

  "So you weren't really mad?"

  "Nope, not at all. Just an act. Tell your dad I said sorry and that I didn't mean it."

  "Wh-why'd you wanna leave so badly."

  "I don't like my mom and being around her makes me anxious."

      I turn away and walk into my room, leaving Jack in the hallway alone. I jump onto my bed and take off my mask. At this point, the main reason I still wore the mask was because I could. My scars were pretty healed, just some discoloration that was a bit noticeable. I just didn't like taking the mask off unless it felt absolutely necessary. Plus, the mask has some sentimental value to me. I look over at my hand and smile. I connect my speaker to my phone and start blasting whatever music is on my playlist. I clean up my room a little and look at the window when I hear some rocks being thrown at my window. Connor? I open my window and look down. Connor throws another rock that almost hits my face and I glare at him from under my mask. He climbs up into my window and turns off my speaker.

  "Sooooooo... Are they hot?"

  "Who?"

  "Your new step bro and step daddy. Duh."

  "They're both pretty decent I guess. They both have cute ears, never thought I'd say that."

  "What do you mean they have cute ears?"

  "They have cute ears. They look like elf ears."

  "Oh... Can I see?"

  "I don't have any pictures of them."

      Connor grabs my hand and opens my door quietly.

  "What are you doing Connor?"

  "We're gonna look at your hot step dad and step bro."