I was getting closer and I could see and hear sirens coming from my apartment complex. I parked my car on the curb and walked over to all the commotion.

I walked closer and closer as my heart beat quicken until I was pulled aside by someone "Lauren I think it's best you stay over here".
I looked and seen it was Camila another detective from my district and also one of my best friends  "why what's going on Camz".

I pushed through the crowd and I wish I didn't because my whole world came crashing down. I fell down by the body it was him, my whole world my fiance y/n.
"No, no, no please baby not you please".

I looked around and seen our window from the fifth floor smashed and the way y/n body was positioned he went through it. I couldn't do anything I couldn't move. I just say there crying look at him.

I was currently in my police station waiting to talk to them I could hear them outside the door "so what do we have here". I heard another guy speak "detective jauregui fiance found at about 10 PM neighbor heard shuffle and slot of banging then two gunshots and a window crashing. It looks like he was beaten and shot on the back two before taking a swan dive out of a window from the fifth floor".

He whispered the last part "he and Lauren was schedule to get married tomorrow night". I felt tears swell in my eyes I was never gonna see him again or feel his touch, his lips, hear his voice or laugh. He was gone my world was taken from me.

*Flashback over*

I looked at his picture one more time before kissing it and laying down. I was so tired I fell asleep quick.

*dream*

I seen the same crow I see everynight for the past year it was flying through the city but this time it took a different turn and landed in the cemetery on a tombstone. The crow kept pecking and pecking at the tombstone. Till it looked like the dirt under the stone started to move.

*Dream over*

Y/n Pov: Darkness... That's the first thing I remember. It was dark, and it was cold, and I was scared. I kept pushing and pushing with every move my body was burning and hurting. I pulled my self out of  the dirt and it was pouring hard I could do nothing but scream. I tried to stand but my legs gave out and I fall into a building sliding down.

After resting and getting my barraings back I pushed up and started walking to the only place I knew.

It was like my mind took over and my body just followed. Finally i was lead down an ally with the crow stopping at a ladder. I wobbled over to the ladder using my upper strength to pull him self up and climb till I stopped and got off on a fire escape to the fifth floor.

I climed into a broken window onto the fifth. I fell into the wall using it for support to keep my weak body up. I finally came to a door stopping putting my hands on the door knob. Images started to flash in my head.

There was a knock on the door. I walked over opening the door "Lauren your home sooner than I thought". I was met a fist to the face  "honey I'm home". I felt a foot kick my ribs.

I fell having to cold floor meet my back "well isn't this a nice place I think it needs to repainted though". I knew that voice it was the very man my fiance was working to put away Malcom Blossom.
He crouched down by me "I warned her if she didn't back off something tragic might happen I'm sorry that you got caught in the middle of it friend".

I heard him whistle and I felt both of my arms being grabbed tightly and be lifted up. I couldn't move I had to lay limp while I was beaten until blood was falling from above my eyebrow and mouth.

The image's still felt so fresh and real as I fell into a mirror that all the glass had been broken out of it as more started to resurface

I felt more punches to my face as I could barely hold myself up "your little fiance thinks she has anything on my son's and I lets see if she'll back off when she finds you". He throws me into a mirror with it cutting my back. I feel him flip me on my back which felt like a thousand knifes in my back. He holds my face in his hands as I spit into his face.

He wipes it off and laughs still holding me "You know, my daddy used to say--"every man's got a devil and you can't rest 'til you find him". What happened here to you tonight. I'm sorry if I spoiled your wedding plans there, friend. If it's any consolation to you, you have put a smile on my face. You got a lot of spirit son, I am gonna miss you".

I felt his two sons lift me as I felt two stings in my back. They let go as I fell to the floor with blood dripping everywhere and a burning sensation in my back.

I lifted off the ground and ran to the broken window and put my hands on the trim as the memory of them finally ending it all and throwing me out of our window.

My hands were cut as I pulled glass out of my hands and they started to heal like nothing was ever there. I walked over to our closet as I found all my stuff in the corner.

I put on my black boots and black pants with a tight long sleeved shirt. I walked over to dressing table, candles all around, a Harlequin mask hanging from the mirror. Looking the mask Malcolm's words come back to me
"You know, my daddy used to say--"every man's got a devil and you can't rest 'til you find him".

I knew in that moment for what i was about to carry out I had to become someone else. I start to apply make up that I found lay im ng in the dresser to look like the mask on the mirror Puts on makeup. I finish up and stand looking at my self and then I Go to stand in window, crow on shoulder. Looks over city,  lightning illuminates my grim face.

The Malcom family will pay for thinking they could ever hurt Lauren......