LXVII. SIX MONTHS LEFT

Start from the beginning

"Professor?" Holland asked, walking over to her teacher's desk.

"I have been made aware of what is happening in your personal life," The Professor said, looking at the girl, who clutched onto the strap of her satchel, "And I am here to offer you both my support and a biscuit. And I don't just offer those to anyone."

"Thank you, Professor." Holland smiled awkwardly, playing with her engagement ring.

"It's lovely." McGonagall told the Slytherin, nodding at the piece of jewellery.

"Oh, uh, thank you," Holland blushed, "I chose it myself."

Professor McGonagall gave the Irish girl a sad smile, "You only have six months of your life left at Hogwarts, Miss Lux," She reminded the Prefect, "I'd hate for you to look back on them filled with regret."

"Thank you, Professor."

"Now, off you go to lunch, and make sure to take a biscuit on your way out."

Holland gave the Professor a small, parting smile, taking a ginger newt off of the plate that was handed to her, before rushing off to meet her friends, a million thoughts rushing through her head.

***

"I was wondering when you'd turn up."

"I won't be here for long, Madam Pomfrey." Holland told the woman, as she entered the Hospital Wing.

"Oh." The woman muttered, leading the girl to a bed that had a curtain in front of it.

"In fact, this will be my last visit. Ever."

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that," Madam Pomfrey told her sincerely, "I'll leave you two be." She said, before disappearing into a supply cupboard.

Holland took a deep breath, an d with shaky hands, pulled the curtain to the side, looking at the boy lying unconscious on the bed in front of her.

Tentatively, she ran her hand over the fresh scratch marks on his face.

"Last night was rough, huh," She muttered quietly, "You have no idea how sorry I am," Holland whispered, tears slowly starting to fall from her eyes, "But this to protect you. Today's my birthday and, uh, Max asked me what my birthday wish is. I didn't tell her because you're not supposed to tell anyone. But you're not just anyone. I wished that the past month never happened. That you didn't hate me and that I'm not doing what I have to. I wished for us to be together and happy again. But I guess I have no fairy godmother to grant my wishes. And you're going to hate me forever, whilst I'll go on loving you until the end of time," The girl sighed, wiping away her tears as she reached into her bag, pulling out a vile that contained blue liquid, placing it on his bedside table, "Wolfsbane. I stole it from Slughorn's office. Almost got caught. You and the boys taught me well," Holland gulped, tears continuing to spill, as she placed a soft kiss on the brunette boy's forehead, "Goodbye, Remus Lupin." She choked out, before quickly walking out of the Hospital Wing, wiping away her hot tears.

As she walked down the corridor, Holland played with the ring on her left finger.

"Breaking his heart wasn't enough?"

Holland froze.

"You have to taunt him the morning after the full moon, too?"

Letting out a shaky breath, the Irish girl turned around to be faced the rest of the Marauders.

"James, I-" She cut herself off, "He's still not awake."

The Gryffindor boy scoffed, "So that makes it better?"

"No, I-"

"You know, he cries himself to sleep every night because of what happened." Peter spoke up.

Holland sent them a pained expression, "What do you think I do? I'm hurting as well."

Sirius crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow, "Sure seems like it by marrying Regulus."

Holland stared at him.

"Bronwyn told me." Her future Brother-in-Law shrugged.

"You're marrying Regulus?!" James and Peter exclaimed, making Holland thankful that the corridor was empty apart from them.

"Does he know?"

"Not yet," Sirius shook his head, "If he did it might just break him."

"Why has all this happened, Holland?" James asked the girl.

The Slytherin tearfully looked over at Sirius, "Reggie. I couldn't save him. They-They got to him. He's one of them."