"Steph! Are you serious, of course not! I wore one out last night."

"To study? Why?" 

Victoria explained her reasons for doing so and how it actually helped her feel more secure and less distracted. 

"I see..." Steph said as she took a bite of scrambled eggs. 

"Do, do you think I'm weird?" Victoria was nervous, She knew that choosing to wear what was essentially an adult diaper wasn't exactly normal. 

"What? No. of course not. You got some things you're going through and you're figuring out how to go about it. Is it odd? A little yeah, but I'm not going to judge you for it..." Steph said sympathetically. "I mean, you're my bestie. Nothing's gonna change that. Eat a sausage! don't make me eat them all!" 

"They're not the same ones... right?" Victoria looked at the sausages suspiciously. 

"Same brand, but the expiration date's good!" 

"So... about my... problem. What do you think?" 

Steph looked puzzled as she just answered the question not long ago.

"What should I do? Would it be okay with you if I wore them when I feel like I need to?" 

"I'm okay as long as I don't have to change you."

"STOP! That's gross." 

The two erupted into laughter for a while before settling down. 

"You're really okay with it?" Victoria asked.

"YES. Now stop asking." Steph giggled. 

"Promise me you won't tell?" Victoria's mood changed at this question. She wouldn't look Steph in eye.

Steph grabbed her face and looked at Victoria's teary eyes. "I promise." She took Victoria's pinky and wrapped her own around it "I PROMISE. Okay?". She kissed Victoria on the forehead. 

Steph stood and stretched before clearing the table while Victoria started the dishes.

"So let's be real here Steph. It's 8:30 on a free weekend, and we're both wide awake." Both girls were at a loss. It was rare for either of them to be up this early on a weekend. They decided to hold off on studying and watching Netflix as they've had their fill of screen time, so they settled on beating the crowd for their weekly groceries. 

They finished up their cleaning and were out of the building. Victoria pulled out her phone to double check the list they had made, walking at her own pace while reading the list out loud for Steph to confirm. "...bread, eggs, Toilet paper, Pads, Detergent..." Victoria kept  reading the list as Steph slowed down a little to check something. 

Without any regard for the people around her, she checked out Victoria's butt. Victoria noticed they were no longer walking side by side and turned her head to see Steph glaring at her butt. 

"Uh... Steph? What are you doing?"

"Ohhh nothing. Just checking something."

"Checking... me... out?"

"I was trying to figure out if you were wearing... you know? But it's hard to tell under tight jeans."

Victoria glared at her. "No! Not right now. We're not studying. I don't need them for everything" 

"Okay, I was just a little curious. that's all." 

Victoria felt a little embarrassed at the whole interaction. looking back at her phone she noticed a new text from an unknown number. "Hey, I got your number from Jason. I hope that's okay. Let me know when you're free to hang?" another text came in "It's Rick btw :p".  The butterflies that had settled came back in full force. She decided to respond later when she can look at her schedule.