Chapter 7

Cale sighed and patted Raon on his head. If the Emperor is also here...Cale cannot imagine how shaken must the Empire might be. 

Cale observed the Dark Tiger who's looking at him too with the same knowing eyes. During the sealed god test, Alberu possessed this body using a sleep-inducing device that was given by the God of Death and the Sun God. And by that, he can possess the Dark Tiger's body while his body's in a sleep mode, to say.

But right now, Alberu didn't use the device at all and was also sucked in by the cintamani. Although Cale's thankful that it didn't suck in Alberu's body and only his soul, it was still bad news. This only means that Alberu's body will be in a state of coma if his soul is here and has no way of returning back.

"Hyung-nim."

Alberu was observing Cale since earlier. The same reddish-brown eyes that would stare at him was familiar, although the face wasn't, there are undoubtedly similarities. 

"Looks like we indeed need to talk."

Alberu nodded as his mane shook his mane majestically. He was slightly annoyed and worried to see that the three children are here, but it's reassuring enough that he and Cale are here.

"Ah, by the way, Hyung-nim."

Alberu slightly flinched at the way Cale was looking at him. The reddish-brown eyes were cold and stoic, but there was another emotion that Alberu finds quite alarming. It was for the fact that Cale's eyes seemed to reflect hesitance and nervousness at the same time.

"The others..." Cale trailed and looked away from Alberu who's face was slowly distorting into a frown making the monster's features more vicious and dangerous. Cale knew that Alberu already know what he meant by that and well, Alberu was also frozen on his spot while looking at Cale with shaking eyes.

"Don't tell me..."

What came out of Alberu's mouth was words laced with disbelief as he looked down at the three children who were just looking back and forth to him and Cale. And his thoughts were confirmed when Cale nodded slowly with a slightly hesitant smile on his lips. 

"Rok Soo!"

Cale flinched and turned to look at the approaching figure- no, figures coming from a distance. It was Choi Jung Soo and following behind him was Ron Molan, his assassin butler and Bud Illis who has his blue hair and green eyes dyed to black. Ron was still wearing his tailcoat, but the golden accessories like his brooch that was normally attached to his suit and connected to it was a hidden weapon wasn't there. The black tailcoat was plain and didn't have any design nor accessories at all, but that doesn't mean it didn't look elegant and extravagant.

Cale's eyes moved to the person who was also following Jung Soo aside from his butler and the mercenary king, there was also Joo Ho-Shik and Kim Woo. The two were looking at Ron and Bud, clearly observing who these newcomers are. But their eyes shifted to Cale when Jung Soo called out to their young commander.