S I X

We arrived at the chateau and JJ went straight to the kitchen for some food

We arrived at the chateau and JJ went straight to the kitchen for some food. "That bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope tells JJ, who's spreading peanut butter over the mouldy bread.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism." He replies

I walk up behind him and peek over his shoulder, "That's disgusting and you're gonna give yourself food poisoning."

"I used to eat dirt, this is nothing." He says

"Fine, but I'm not taking you to the hospital." I shake my head and walk over towards Kiara and John B, who are about to open up the envelope.

"JJ!" Kiara calls him over.

"Yup, yup, yup!" He walks over to where everyone is crowded around the desk and stands next to me, "Hot damn! Lets do it." He takes a bite out of the sandwich and immediately gags, spitting it into his mouth and throwing it in the garbage. I gag and step closer to Pope, not wanting to be anywhere near him or his nasty ass sandwich. Which, he is still picking at. You'd think he would have learned his lesson but I guess not.

John B opens up the envelope and pulls out a map, "Holy shit."

"X marks the spot." Pope points to an X on the map.

"Longitude and Latitude." John B says, running his finger over a spot on the map. "Wait, there's something else in there." He pulls out what appears to be a tape recorder.

"What is that?" JJ asks

"It's a tape recorder, dumbass." Kiara replies, a little rudely if we're being honest. Not everyone is gonna know what a tape recorder is. I would voice my thoughts to her but now isn't the time.

John B presses the button and the recording starts to play, "Dear Bird."

"Who's bird?" JJ asks

"That's what my dad used to call me." John B replies quietly.

"I hate to say, 'I told you so,' but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either."

There's a slight pause on the tape, everyone looks to each other, probably all wondering the same thing. Did he really find the Merchant? We turn our attention back to the tape when John Bs dads voice breaks the silence.