Part 1

("Unfinished" legit meaning I just stopped in the middle of dialogue. I'm sorry school just took over my life so I couldn't finish, if y'all like it enough I'll give it a proper story and ending ;u;)

"DIBS ON SHOTGUN!"

"HEY, I CALLED IT FIRST!"

Sophie watched silently from behind the open trunk of the Dizznee's van as Dex and Biana seemed to commence a wrestling match to beat each other to the front seat. Grady gave Sophie a concerned look.

"Are you sure you guys can all survive two weeks together stuffed into a tiny van?" Grady asked as Biana stole Dex's phone and chucked it to the curb before booking it for the seat. Dex yelled something and, after a second of hesitation, ran for his phone. "Those two seem ready to tear each other apart for a car seat."

"They'll be... fine."

Just a few months ago, Fitz had finally earned his driver's license, plus the ability to drive around with other minors in the car. And now that school was over, Biana had come up with the brilliant idea that the whole gang should go on a road trip together to celebrate.

It had seemed like a cool and chill idea...

At the time.

"BIANA VACKER, I SWEAR ON IGGY'S COLORED COAT THAT I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE YOUR AIRPODS NEVER WORK AGAIN!" Dex yelled as he cradled his phone like it was a precious child.

"GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GRAB THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE, SUCKA!" Biana yelled back out the open window of the passenger seat. Fitz was sitting in the driver's seat with his head down on the steering wheel, looking like he might be either having a migraine or a mental breakdown.

The original plan was for all of them to meet up at the Dizznee's house (as Dex's mom had graciously volunteered her family's beat-up minivan for their trip) so they could all get situated before leaving for the road. 

"I'LL FIND A WAY TO HACK INTO YOUR HAIR DRYER AS WELL!"

"DEX, THAT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE!"

"WATCH ME!"

Technically, everything was going according to plan.

"We'll be fine," Sophie said again, mostly trying to reassure herself. Hopefully, they could get out of the Dizznee's driveway before any real trouble started. "It's probably just their natural
sibling-defense insticts kicking in for a moment."

"Yeah," Grady responded. Dex ran back around the van and seemed to be preparing to jump into the passenger seat through the open car window. "Sibling instincts."

"You should be more worried about Keefe and Tam!" Dex yelled back before launching himself through the window. Sophie sighed and focused on putting her suitcase in the trunk, ignoring Biana's scream from the front as she tried to comprehend the Tetris-like stack of luggage that was piled in the back. 

"Hey, Tammy loves me!" Keefe interjected over the yelling, popping his head up from the middle row. "He's just too stubborn to admit it, cause he knows that my amazingness far surpasses his."

"If by 'amazingness' you mean 'the only reason I get up at 5 a.m. every morning is so that I have at least two hours to perfectly do my hair before I leave the house,''" Tam responded from somewhere on the opposite side of the van, "Then yeah, maybe I could admit it."

"Like you don't spend six hours in the morning trying to fix your hair, Bangs Boy."

Sophie couldn't see Tam's reaction, but she could guess that he was pulling his silver bangs over his eyes as he glared daggers back at Keefe.

"Hey, Keefe," Fitz interrupted before Keefe could respond. He was pressing himself into the car door in an attempt to get as far away from Dex and his sister as possible. "While Biana and Dex are at it, why don't you fight for shotgun as well? Maybe then at least you'll win and they can stop murdering my ears."

"Nah dude, I'm good." Keefe called back over the shouting. "The views better from back here anyways." He turned and winked at Sophie, only to swiftly duck when she chucked Ella at his head.

"Hey, that's stuffed animal abuse!" He held up the blue elephant and stroked her head as if he were comforting a crying puppy.

"She's the one who told me the idea in the first place!"

Grady cleared his throat, and Sophie turned her attention back to her very stressed and concerned-looking father.

Edaline had been out of the house that morning to rescue a road-injured Rottweiler pup that she had been called about, so there was only Grady there to see Sophie off before she left for the trip.

"Are you sure you don't want an adult to come along?" He asked, somehow throwing her suitcase to the top of the luggage tower in the back without it toppling over. "It doesn't even have to be me! You can bring Della, or Juline, or even Alvar if you want--"

"We'll be okay, Dad," Sophie reassured one more time. "Don't worry. Wylie's coming with us anyways, and I'm sure he'll keep us on our best behavior."

Grady sighed and pulled her into a hug. "Alright, but just remember to be safe."

"I will."

"And watch out for your friends-"

"I will."

"And don't get kidnapped-"

"I know-"

"And anything That Boy wants to do-" he lowered his voice. "-make sure to do the exact oppisite."

"I heard that!"

Sophie laughed a little. "Daaad," she protested for Keefe's sake. When Keefe turned his back again, though, she whispered, "I already do that half the time anyways."

Grady chuckled and gave her one more squeeze before letting go. "Make sure to call me or Edaline when you get to your first stop for the night."

"Okay. Oh, and give her another hug for me when you get back."

"I will. Be safe, I love you."

"I love you too, Dad. Drive safe."

"You as well, kiddo. See you in two weeks."

He got back into his car, and Sophie waved after him, and kept waving until he drove off and disappeared around the corner.

ROADTRIP! - Kotlc Human AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें