Just One More

This was it. Today I would tell Alesha than I'm Bisexual. Maybe, probably, accadentaly, tell her that I liked her. I couldn't wait for that day. Me and Alesha planned it all out, First meet up at Tim's and get some coffee since y'know it's like 7:22am anyways, Next we would go to the mall and spend half of our allowance buying things there, Next we were getting lunch somewhere in the food court, Afterwards we would be going to the arcade to win that giant stuffed bear that we had been saving up tickets for, Around 5-ish we were going to Kawartha Dairy to get Ice Cream (I had 3 flavors left until I tried every flavor there, Alesha and me had been tring to finish that goal for years it was so close). That was the plan and we made sure everyone knew about it (meaning our parents and my brother Jason, mainly so they don't bug us). 

Alesha came running up to the door. I held it open for her and she smiled. We said our good monings and excitedly sat down. Or at least I thought she was excited. We ordered our drinks I got a regular Cold Brew and Alesha got a Frozen Lemonade. As we were waiting for the drinks Alesha and me kept up a nice conversation about which stores to go to first and which people at school were absolutely hot. This was my chance to tell her. I didn't respond, letting her ramble on about Xaiver. Eventually she looked at me and asked "What's up" because I hadn't been responding. That was the best moment to say something, so the drinks came right then. When the girl left I said "Just thinking, I have something important to tell you!" hoping to get this off my chest. "Me too" Alesha replied with an extremaly painful look. It was because of this look that I let her go first. Then she told me about her mom. I knew some things, like how she was in the hospital and had been in a car crash 3 months ago. What I didn't know was that she was unconscious and Alesha's dad couldn't afford to keep her on life support. 

Alesha started crying. Alesha and her dad had a choice to make. Either pull the plug or leave the city to live with Alesha's aunt to try and scrape up more money to keep her alive. They were leaving town that day. Actually her dad was right outside the store waiting for them. He told Alesha to break the news to me then finish up the drinks and leave the store through the side door. I couldn't belive this. Everything we had worked for was going to waste. We wouldn't get to continue to go shoping together. Forget the stuffed bear we saved tickets for. No more Ice Cream together either. One question left. Now is it worth it. One more cup for 15 more minutes.