Ch 16: Waiting For The Proper Moment

Start from the beginning

It was about midnight when the nurse told us to leave.

"Detective Aaron Prescott at your service." She flashed her badge. "I'm here to protect these four people from harm. If you don't mind we'd like to stay the night."

"Um.. Okay Detective Prescott." She closed the room door and locked it behind her. Aaron and I were the only ones up. Toby fell asleep holding my hand. Mari and Gabe were holding onto hands too. Ginny woke up around 11:30 and crawled into bed with a sleeping Missy.

"How does it feel being so powerful?" I asked Aaron.

"What do you mean?"

"This. You can do anything you want practically." I swept my left hand in the air.

"It's fun I guess. But when you're lonely it's kinda hard." She stared at me and Toby directly, to make a point.

"Aaron, someone must be out there liking you. Trying to love you."

"Right."

She turned, looking out the window onto the hospital parking lot.

"Crap. Everyone get down."

I crawled onto the floor and so did Aaron. I dragged Toby with me and he mumbled and rolled onto the tile.

"Well someone likes sleeping."

"We've only gotten ten hours in two days because of this crazy pyscho."

Aaron snuffed a laugh and I saw a light flash by the window.

"What was that?"

"Your stalker. Get some sleep I'll stay up."

I rolled over to see Toby's eyes closed, his breathing heavy. I scooted closer to him on the tile floor and wrapped my arms around him. It felt right, being this close to him. I drifted off into lala land...

~Dreaming State~

A man was standing there. Brown shaggy hair, light green eyes.

"Hello Lynne. Nice to see you again."

"Who are you?" I crawled along the pale white floors, looking for someone to shout to. But no one was around.

"I met you remember? Back in 2010. You told me I could be in love with anybody and I said I loved you. You laughed in my face, telling me you didn't love anyone. Now your with that Tobuscus guy. You lying b*tch. I wanted your heart. And I'm going to get it. Say good bye to your one true love."

All of a sudden Toby appeared, tied to a chair and duct tape across his mouth. The man stood up from his crouch in front of me and walked behind Toby, and lifted a gun to his skull.

"NO!"

~Back To Reality~

I awoke in a cold sweat, and my heart was racing. My arms were clasping something, and I turned. Toby's back. I was grasping onto him for dear life. He sighed in his sleep and his eyes opened to slits.

"Hey you." His hair was messier than usual, and he rubbed his eyes.

"Hey."

He got up and put his arms out to me, meaning "Come here". I shot myself up and clung to him, breathing in his scent. A warm and loving scent.

"You are shaking like a leaf. What's wrong?" His hazel eyes were a moss green. They always are when he wakes up or when he's really happy.

"I had a dream that I watched you get murdered. I had to sit and watch."