EIGHT. the one where gideon falls apart and hannah is no help

GIDEON COULDN'T always imagine herself in certain situations

GIDEON COULDN'T always imagine herself in certain situations. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't picture herself where she was today.

She sat in Ricky's bed with her legs tucked close to her with a blanket thrown over her entire body.

She watched as Ricky dug through box after box, looking for anything to wear to school that day.

He still had boxes everywhere in his room. Certain things still not put away and others he didn't want to bother to even touch yet.

Gideon watched with tired eyes as Ricky threw a shirt over his shoulder and rejoin her side.

She rested her head on his bare shoulder and rested her eyes.

She was tired obviously. The two of them spending almost all night talking, sharing Valentines' Day gifts, and just being with each other.

But that was yesterday.

This was a new day and though she (along with Ricky) wished they could relive any and everything from yesterday, they couldn't.

Memories (depending on what they were) could always be nice to look back on and remember.

But in present day, the two of them sat side by side on Ricky's bed, Gideon half asleep, and the two of them dreading the later hours to come.

Ricky felt Gideon shift from beside him. Looking down, her eyes were still shut.

He gently removed the blanket from her face.

"You gotta get up now."

She fluttered her eyes open and let out a deep breath.

Ricky stood from his spot on the bed and cups Gideon's cheeks within his hands.

"Look, I know you don't wanna go back, but if you think about it... you'll be back here before we know it."

Not for long and not forever. At this point, Gideon was sick of her own damn motto.

Realistically, she didn't know when she would actually be back in Salt Lake. She could continue to lie to herself and say she would be back soon, but she never knew when soon was officially be put back into Salt Lake.